Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 368 Posts
I just got off the phone with the service manager at my Toyota Dealer, they were NOT under the impression that the car would be given an oil change at every service interval. They just said all I would be getting at 5k miles would be a tire rotation and checking the fluids etc.

The whole reason why I called was to be able to get a break in oil change done on the trans and the oil. He sounded like he didnt have a clue.

So I indicated that according to the Maintenance Service Schedule that came with the car every 5k it would get an oil change and few other things as the mileage piles up etc. So I told him I would email him a PDF of those manuals and forms etc. He also stated that the Supra and GR86's do not get the same treatment as well and have different schedules etc. He said he would reach out to parts about obtaining proper fluids and filters and would let me know tomorrow. But man does this sound like a shit show with the expectations and maintenance etc. I almost want to create a dedicated thread for the 2 years of included maintenance not being what it actually is supposed to be. So any thoughts would be warranted. Let me know.
Just as I feared.... I'll give my dealer a call too when I get some time.

Adding this info, I dunno if anyone wants to sticky, after calling around several service departments Toyota in Thousand Oaks was very helpful in giving out part numbers

Gr Corolla Oil Filter P/N 90915-yzzn1

Our cars take 4.5 Qt's (oil and filter) of full synthetic 0w-20 API SP ilsac gf-6a found just about anywhere from almost all major brands, from amazon to Pennzoil.

For the guys that have changed theirs already, do we need a crush washer on the drain plug?
OEM isn't a crush washer for the engine oil drain plug, it's a fibrous material. transmission, transfer case and diff use crush washer.

edit p/n for crush washer 12157-10010 x 6 edit only 4 needed for transfer and diff
edit p/n for transmission drain/fill gasket 90430-18008 x2

p/n for engine oil drain washer 90430-12031 x 1

Adding this info, I dunno if anyone wants to sticky, after calling around several service departments Toyota in Thousand Oaks was very helpful in giving out part numbers

Gr Corolla Oil Filter P/N 90915-yzzn1

Our cars take 4.5 Qt's (oil and filter) of full synthetic 0w-20 API SP ilsac gf-6a found just about anywhere from almost all major brands, from amazon to Pennzoil.

For the guys that have changed theirs already, do we need a crush washer on the drain plug?
@Jeonsa can we move this particular post or info to the general maintenance thread.

The lack of information the dealer has is why I won’t be taking my car in, 3 different service departments couldn’t give me oil info or filter PN’s on our cars. Moderate concern for a motor that is brand new and needs the correct lubricants.

this is our factory fill oil, and it’s a special order here in America.

That's because you asked the service department. Go to the parts counter. In pretty much every single dealership in the world, you'll find better technical answers from parts staff.

That's because you asked the service department. Go to the parts counter. In pretty much every single dealership in the world, you'll find better technical answers from parts staff.
I'm going to dispute that statement, and I worked at Toyota dealerships for my entire adult life. I'm as excited about the arrival of my new GRC as everybody else here. But at the dealership, their world does not revolve around a car that most of them have never seen. Nor should it. To those who are up in arms about what their dealer doesn't know about the car, understand that this is "need to know" information. When they need to know, they'll look it up. But until that car actually rolls through their front door, they have no reason to concern themselves about it. The same applies to both parts and service. Sales, at least theoretically, needs to be a little ahead of that curve, since they're trying to sell those vehicles before they ever get to the door. We here are all taking the time to learn as much as we can about this vehicle because we have a vested interest, and great resources. When you actually need parts or service for the vehicle, help educate them. You'll get much better results if you work with them instead of fighting with them.

All the technical bits and part numbers for services:

Oil filter (factory fit - only available in Japan) : 90915-10009
Oil filter (North America equivalent) : 90915-YZZM1 = 90915-YZZF2 = 90915-YZZN1 - all three supercede to the newest N1, some dealers may still have old stock as this is not a fast mover.
Oil filter (unconfirmed alternative bigger filter): 90915-YZZF1 - this is a common upgrade for 4A-GE's. Stock 4A-GE filter is the YZZF2 filter, but YZZF1 fits, longer by about 1cm = more filtering. Only limitation is fitment of the longer filter.

Drain plug gasket for engine: 90430-12031
Rear diff drain and fill gaskets: 12157-10010 x2
Transfer drain and fill gaskets: 12157-10010 x2
Transmission drain and fill gaskets: 90430-18008 or 90430-A0003

Transmission oil: 08885-81007 x2 Toyota LV (w/LSD is 2L, but w/o LSD takes 2.1L, so might need more than 2)
Rear diff oil: 08885-02606 Toyota LX (half ish liter)
Transfer oil: 08885-02506 Toyota LT (half ish liter)

Oil (factory fill): 08880-13205 (4L can, you need more than one, spec is 4.3L with filter change)
Oil (Canada): C0BBA-0W2SN-1J (4.4L, API SP, which matches the ILSAC GF-6A req: Oil Categories)
Oil (USA): 00279-0WQTE-6S (per quart) - this part number was also used for API SN Plus, but it should now be all API SP. Back of the bottle says if it is.
Liquid Bottle Fluid Drink Input device

Here's the full service fluids from Toyota docs:

SERVICE DATA
Brake Fluid (for Gasoline Model)
for G16E-GTS​
"TOYOTA GENUINE BRAKE FLUID DOT4, CLASS6", FMVSS No.116 DOT4 or SAE J1704LV
*: If a fluid type with "TOYOTA GENUINE BRAKE FLUID DOT4, CLASS6", FMVSS No.116 DOT4 or SAE J1704LV is not available, fluid type with TOYOTA GENUINE BRAKE FLUID DOT3, FMVSS No.116 DOT3 or SAE J1703 may be used with no detriment to brake durability.​
except G16E-GTS​
  • SAE J1703 or FMVSS No. 116 DOT3
  • SAE J1704 or FMVSS No. 116 DOT4
EA67F/EA68F Manual Transaxle Oil
Standard Capacityw/ LSD
2.0 liters (2.1 US qts, 1.8 Imp. qts)
Toyota Genuine Manual Transmission Gear Oil "LV GL-4 and SAE 75W" or "API GL-4 and SAE 75W"
w/o LSD
2.1 liters (2.2 US qts, 1.8 Imp. qts)​
G16E-GTS Coolant
CAPACITY​
CLASSIFICATION​
5.7 liters (6.0 US qts, 5.0 Imp. qts)​
TOYOTA vehicles are filled with TOYOTA SLLC at the factory. In order to avoid damaging the engine cooling system and other technical problems, only use TOYOTA SLLC or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite, non-borate coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology (coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology is a combination of low phosphates and organic acids).​
G16E-GTS Standard Engine Oil Grade
OIL GRADE​
OIL VISCOSITY (SAE)​
ILSAC GF-6A multigrade engine oil​
  • 0W-20
G16E-GTS Engine Oil Standard Capacity
ITEM​
STANDARD CONDITION​
Drain and refill with oil filter change​
4.3 liters (4.5 US qts, 3.7 Imp. qts)​
Drain and refill without oil filter change​
4.0 liters (4.2 US qts, 3.5 Imp. qts)​
Dry fill​
5.1 liters (5.4 US qts, 4.5 Imp. qts)​
GF1A Transfer Oil
OIL GRADE​
VISCOSITY​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
Toyota genuine differential gear oil LT API GL-5 or equivalent​
SAE 75W-85​
0.40 to 0.50 liters (0.43 to 0.52 US qts, 0.36 to 0.44 Imp.qts)​
Differential Oil
OIL GRADE​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
*: Using differential gear oil other than the specified oil may cause abnormal noise orvibration, or damage the differential gear of your vehicle.
Toyota Genuine Differential gear oil LX 75W-85 GL-5 or equivalent*​
0.45 to 0.55 liters (0.48 to 0.58 US qts, 0.40 to 0.48 Imp. qts.)​

I'm going to dispute that statement, and I worked at Toyota dealerships for my entire adult life. I'm as excited about the arrival of my new GRC as everybody else here. But at the dealership, their world does not revolve around a car that most of them have never seen. Nor should it. To those who are up in arms about what their dealer doesn't know about the car, understand that this is "need to know" information. When they need to know, they'll look it up. But until that car actually rolls through their front door, they have no reason to concern themselves about it. The same applies to both parts and service. Sales, at least theoretically, needs to be a little ahead of that curve, since they're trying to sell those vehicles before they ever get to the door. We here are all taking the time to learn as much as we can about this vehicle because we have a vested interest, and great resources. When you actually need parts or service for the vehicle, help educate them. You'll get much better results if you work with them instead of fighting with them.
I get your sentiment, but generally speaking, parts depts will usually be ahead of sales and service on the technical side of things. I've been the same regarding being with toyota dealerships my entire adult life - literally started 1 day after I was done with school. I've been chatting with multiple dealers and we've all been nerding out about it since the catalogue was released October 31st. I'm not saying fight with the service dept or someone that doesn't know the information because you're right, there's no reason to - I'm just saying the chances of you finding someone that already knows information is in parts.

Oil filter (North America equivalent) : 90915-YZZM1 = 90915-YZZF2 = 90915-YZZN1 - all three supercede to the newest N1, some dealers may still have old stock as this is not a fast mover.
Oil filter (unconfirmed alternative bigger filter): 90915-YZZF1 - this is a common upgrade for 4A-GE's. Stock 4A-GE filter is the YZZF2 filter, but YZZF1 fits, longer by about 1cm = more filtering. Only limitation is fitment of the longer filter.

Transmission oil: 08885-81007 x2 Toyota LV (w/LSD is 2L, but w/o LSD takes 2.1L, so might need more than 2)

Oil (factory fill): 08880-13205 (4L can, you need more than one, spec is 4.3L with filter change)
Oil (Canada): C0BBA-0W2SN-1J (4.4L, API SP, which matches the ILSAC GF-6A req: Oil Categories)
Oil (USA): 00279-0WQTE-6S (per quart) - this part number was also used for API SN Plus, but it should now be all API SP. Back of the bottle says if it is.
View attachment 6041

SERVICE DATA
for G16E-GTS​
*: If a fluid type with "TOYOTA GENUINE BRAKE FLUID DOT4, CLASS6", FMVSS No.116 DOT4 or SAE J1704LV is not available, fluid type with TOYOTA GENUINE BRAKE FLUID DOT3, FMVSS No.116 DOT3 or SAE J1703 may be used with no detriment to brake durability.​
except G16E-GTS​
Standard Capacityw/ LSD
Toyota Genuine Manual Transmission Gear Oil "LV GL-4 and SAE 75W" or "API GL-4 and SAE 75W"
w/o LSD
G16E-GTS Coolant
CAPACITY​
CLASSIFICATION​
TOYOTA vehicles are filled with TOYOTA SLLC at the factory. In order to avoid damaging the engine cooling system and other technical problems, only use TOYOTA SLLC or similar high quality ethylene glycol based non-silicate, non-amine, non-nitrite, non-borate coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology (coolant with long-life hybrid organic acid technology is a combination of low phosphates and organic acids).​

OIL GRADE​
OIL VISCOSITY (SAE)​
  • 0W-20
ITEM​
STANDARD CONDITION​
Dry fill​

GF1A Transfer Oil
OIL GRADE​
VISCOSITY​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
SAE 75W-85​
Differential Oil
OIL GRADE​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
*: Using differential gear oil other than the specified oil may cause abnormal noise orvibration, or damage the differential gear of your vehicle.
Add this to the maintenance sub, this is every pice of info we need, including the photo of the bottle I was talking about in the other thread, thank you!

View attachment 6041

SERVICE DATA
for G16E-GTS​
except G16E-GTS​
Standard Capacityw/ LSD
w/o LSD
G16E-GTS Coolant
CAPACITY​
CLASSIFICATION​

OIL GRADE​
OIL VISCOSITY (SAE)​
  • 0W-20
ITEM​
STANDARD CONDITION​
Dry fill​

GF1A Transfer Oil
OIL GRADE​
VISCOSITY​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
SAE 75W-85​
Differential Oil
OIL GRADE​
STANDARD CAPACITY​
Certain posts need to be made sticky to be at the top for perpetuity, and this is one of them!

61 - 80 of 368 Posts