Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

WRC (Rally) Talk

30K views 379 replies 21 participants last post by  shazapple 
#1 ·
I thought we’d add a group for the rally enthusiasts.

#214 ·
Yeah I wasn't expecting such drama this early in! Still, it'll be nice to see Neuville on the podium, hopefully a win at his home rally. He's worked hard enough to deserve it.

Interesting quote from Ott Tanak today:
I thoguht I had something broken in the rear, it was really searching the road, but then I realized it was just the car. It's like this.
None of the Hyundai drivers seem comfortable in their own cars, and it looks like the rear end is to blame. Hopefully Hyundai gets it sorted out next year.

#218 ·
I was reading this article and came across this choice quote:
The wagon body itself serves no functional purpose and instead of being built on a production chassis it is built around a bespoke VSC tubular chassis frame inspired by 2022 WRC regulations.
Interesting that VSC is doing tube frame chassis now (have they done them before?). I figured the current WRX is too big for WRC specs, but if the Puma can make it in, why not?

#219 ·
I was reading this article and came across this choice quote:

Interesting that VSC is doing tube frame chassis now (have they done them before?). I figured the current WRX is too big for WRC specs, but if the Puma can make it in, why not?
Subaru has been flirting with WRC for awhile now but I think the business end has been changing things.

I think they should enter it and let it influence whatever new STI comes out down the line. The technology could give them great development opportunities

#224 ·
Oops forgot Ogier wasn't competing this weekend lol

But great performance from EP! He's been doing really well lately. I was just hearing from Jari-Matti that "he had gone off the road during testing" so it's quite the surprising turnaround 😂

But obviously the star of this weekend will be M-Sport! Le Maestro is doing well as always but check out Pierre-Louis Loubet! Talk about a dark horse!

#235 ·
Having only previously experienced Rally NZ in Dirt Rally 2.0 (albeit in gorgeous VR), I cannot stress enough how absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful these stages are! Really makes me wanna make a trip down there at some point.

Also surprised by Greensmith's results on the first stage! Let's hope we can keep it up. Overall it seems like the Fords have been getting stronger, too!

#253 ·

Very compassionate takeaway from Neuville. From the outside, I wouldn't have expected it.

Now that the silly season has more or less started, we get to speculate on team changes 🤩

#254 ·

Oops, skipped over the part where Solberg got dropped from Hyundai 😬

M-Sport looks like a good place for him, though. I could see Breen replacing Solberg over at Hyundai.