Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
101 - 120 of 161 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Ah I was about to post about this!

This weekend seems STACKED. We have Loeb, Ogier, Sordo, and it's Portugal no less!! Wonderful weekend to celebrate 50 years of the WRC.

As a side note, I recently watched Queen of Speed, a documentary on Michelle Mouton. Absolutely wonderful biopic and Portugal is where Mouton celebrated her first WRC win!
It truly will be an amazing weekend. The battle of the Sebs on 100% gravel with the hybrid systems on the 50th anniversary. Side note: it's really cool that this year is the 50th of WRC and the 100th of Pikes Peak. 1st is going to be a huge competition with the Sebs, Kalle, and Sordo. Maybe even Thierry if he can pick up
Incredible heli shots on SS4, absolutely insane. And the GR Yaris Rally1 sounds amazing 🤤🤤
Can't get enough of the sound of that beast. Need to make it my ringtone 😂

·
Registered
222 Posts
It truly will be an amazing weekend. The battle of the Sebs on 100% gravel with the hybrid systems on the 50th anniversary. Side note: it's really cool that this year is the 50th of WRC and the 100th of Pikes Peak. 1st is going to be a huge competition with the Sebs, Kalle, and Sordo. Maybe even Thierry if he can pick up

Can't get enough of the sound of that beast. Need to make it my ringtone 😂

Ooof, you cursed everyone! Real shame about both Sebs, but absolutely heartbroken for Thierry as always. Hopefully he finds a reliable car soon.

Katsuta is doing quite well! Not the fastest but one of the most consistent and playing safe seems to be a good strategy this rally.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Ooof, you cursed everyone! Real shame about both Sebs, but absolutely heartbroken for Thierry as always. Hopefully he finds a reliable car soon.

Katsuta is doing quite well! Not the fastest but one of the most consistent and playing safe seems to be a good strategy this rally.
Should've kept my mouth shut! It's really anyone's game at this moment. They're all really close but seems it'll be a battle mostly between Sordo, Rovenpera and Evans now.

Yeah, Katsuta is never the fastest but like you said, he's very consistent and he's been improving a lot rally to rally

·
Registered
222 Posts
Incredible drives by the Toyota team today, crazy seeing Rovanperä overtake Evans, I can't believe he might get away with a third win in a row! 🤯We might have a new GOAT on our hands!

Hilarious bit between Breen and Gronholm after today's Super Special, had me cracking up 🤣

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Incredible drives by the Toyota team today, crazy seeing Rovanperä overtake Evans, I can't believe he might get away with a third win in a row! 🤯We might have a new GOAT on our hands!

Hilarious bit between Breen and Gronholm after today's Super Special, had me cracking up 🤣
And he's gotten away with it! Good to see Katsuta in the top 5 but really feel bad for Thierry and the Sebs this rally. Toyota takes 3 of the top 5 slots yet again

·
Registered
222 Posts
I really feel for Katsuta for just barely losing 3rd to Sordo, but both had phenomenal drives this weekend so congrats to them both!

Rovanpera's pace is absolutely unreal, I'm almost unsurprised with how dominant he is already.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
I really feel for Katsuta for just barely losing 3rd to Sordo, but both had phenomenal drives this weekend so congrats to them both!

Rovanpera's pace is absolutely unreal, I'm almost unsurprised with how dominant he is already.
I'm wondering how many more Kalle is going to blow away with. I think he has such a high chance at being the champ and breaking records. I like that Loeb is trying to get into more events for the season, love to see more Seb!

Reactions: Jeonsa

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Feels like just yesterday was Rally Portugal and now we're already in Rally Italy. What are we expecting this time around? I'm hoping to see more improvement from Katsuta and another Kalle win for the books

·
Registered
222 Posts
It pretty much has been yesterday, this season is getting packed!! Not that I'm complaining 😏

I don't know who to root for more, Neuville or Katsuta. Neuville deserves a win at this point, but Katsuta has been working really hard and I can already tell he's going to be pushing hard this rally. Either way I'm excited!

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
And then in 2 weeks we have Safari Rally. It's a packed month for rallying. The European Rally Championship is in Poland the 10th-12th and then in Latvia on July 1st-3rd

·
Registered
222 Posts
Aaaaand Neuville has transmission problems, and both Katsuta and Rovanpera are a minute behind.

Happy for EP and Ott tho, they're also really fast drivers. Loubet is showing pace as well! Glad to see the Ford drivers are performing. Hopefully we'll see some variety in this podium 😂

It's still very early in the rally so it's anyone's game for now

·
Registered
222 Posts
....and EP's out. I think I have commentators curse 😭

Shoutout to Neuville for slowing down for the dog crossing the road to keep it safe 🥺🥺

He's also a great guy in general. He donates to a local charity wherever and whenever he competes in a rally.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
....and EP's out. I think I have commentators curse 😭

Shoutout to Neuville for slowing down for the dog crossing the road to keep it safe 🥺🥺

He's also a great guy in general. He donates to a local charity wherever and whenever he competes in a rally.
We've really been jinxing everyone lately. Let's stop XD

·
Registered
113 Posts
Give Hyundai some false hope so that they would stick around in WRC a little longer 🤣, feckers still haven't made a wrc inspired road car even after participating in wrc for over 2 decades.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,766 Posts
Give Hyundai some false hope so that they would stick around in WRC a little longer 🤣, feckers still haven't made a wrc inspired road car even after participating in wrc for over 2 decades.
I mean neither has Ford really. The Puma ST is the closest thing to the Puma Rally1(which aren't identical at all) and they had the Fiesta ST but never an RS so that wasn't close either. No need for WRC inspired road cars anymore other than pure appeal like Toyota did with continuing to sell the GRY

·
Registered
222 Posts
I'm surprised any of the manufacturers other than Toyota are still competing tbh. M-Sport doesn't have manufacturer support, and Hyundai has had nothing but mechanical trouble. Citroen dropped out for a similar reason, although rumors are that they will return in a year or two. With all the other makes focusing on electric I wonder if the Hybrid Era will be short lived...

101 - 120 of 161 Posts