Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
161 - 180 of 208 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
As far as new manufacturers....Hyundai is kind of in....without Adamo, I don't think they are even close to as strong as they could be. M-Sport is a class organization. Malcolm deserves more from Ford...the only reason he gets anything IMO is because he is pure class IMO. I am enjoying kicking Tänak's ass right now. I hope he is enjoying that truckload of money Hyundai gave him, and it must grind on him to see the Toyota's so dominant. I could have battled Ogier if he had stayed, and he absolutely would be running with Kalle. I love Toyota's commitment to WRC....Tom Fowler is my damn hero. Brilliant Technical Director.

·
Registered
282 Posts
tbh I suspect Hyundai simply got caught off guard with the regs change. They were the last manufacturer to sign on for 2022 and had a lot of trouble developing their car. I (think?) most of the retirements have been suspension and transmission related (not counting Ott's broken lever 🤣), so they might just need a little more time to build a stronger car. They're generally quite competitive otherwise!

·
Registered
144 Posts
tbh I suspect Hyundai simply got caught off guard with the regs change. They were the last manufacturer to sign on for 2022 and had a lot of trouble developing their car. I (think?) most of the retirements have been suspension and transmission related (not counting Ott's broken lever 🤣), so they might just need a little more time to build a stronger car. They're generally quite competitive otherwise!
It's so funny when Tanak's shift lever just came off like that😂, especially the look on his face.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yeah, but if you fall behind Tom Fowler, you stay behind Tom Fowler. When he was rumored to be heading to Hyundai, I was very worried. Apparently, we can live without Tommi, but losing Tommi and Tom would be a big, big issue IMO.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yeah, he just kind of threw it in the back. Awesome. I think Ott will regret his move to Hyundai down the road. I wonder if this would be his team by now. Too late. Kalle is in the house.
Rumors were that he wasn't happy with Tommi's leadership style, but now Jari Matti Latvala is at the head so I guess it didn't matter :/

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
Lmao saw some kid arguing that Tanak's gonna win rally Estonia lol.
View attachment 2667
You know they don't know what they're talking about when they point out top speed 😂. Really looking forward to Estonia this weekend. I think Toyota might still have it in the bag on this one. Can't wait to see how much Katsuta improves

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #173 ·
You know they don't know what they're talking about when they point out top speed 😂. Really looking forward to Estonia this weekend. I think Toyota might still have it in the bag on this one. Can't wait to see how much Katsuta improves
Katsuta has a good chance at Estonia, I'm excited for it. You can see him gain more confidence throughout the season. He's even working out more

·
Registered
282 Posts
Lmao saw some kid arguing that Tanak's gonna win rally Estonia lol.
They do seem to be correct in that the Hyundai builds the fastest Rally1 car right now:

Tanak won in 2019? 2020? I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do it again, but maybe not in the current car.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I laughed so hard when I saw his comment 🤣, probs watched too many top speed runs on airport runways.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
Tanak won in 2019? 2020? I wouldn't be surprised if he was able to do it again, but maybe not in the current car.
It's possible. 2019 he was with Toyota and while he was in a Hyundai in 2020, those cars were different beasts as we know. Plus he got an astounding 31st place last year😬. I'm rooting for him though, I love Tanak. These next 3 rallies will be quite the treat

·
Registered
282 Posts
Katsuta has a good chance at Estonia, I'm excited for it. You can see him gain more confidence throughout the season. He's even working out more
You've cursed him!!

Katsuta has never been strong in Estonia. I think it was the rally that started his retirement streak a while back. I'm beginning to think he does not perform well at the faster rallies.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Discussion Starter · #180 ·
You've cursed him!!

Katsuta has never been strong in Estonia. I think it was the rally that started his retirement streak a while back. I'm beginning to think he does not perform well at the faster rallies.
Yeah usually he does but they way these new cars have been and how consistent he is, I’m hoping he breaks his streak.

161 - 180 of 208 Posts