Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
221 - 240 of 279 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
447 Posts
Oops forgot Ogier wasn't competing this weekend lol

But great performance from EP! He's been doing really well lately. I was just hearing from Jari-Matti that "he had gone off the road during testing" so it's quite the surprising turnaround 😂

But obviously the star of this weekend will be M-Sport! Le Maestro is doing well as always but check out Pierre-Louis Loubet! Talk about a dark horse!

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
447 Posts
Having only previously experienced Rally NZ in Dirt Rally 2.0 (albeit in gorgeous VR), I cannot stress enough how absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful these stages are! Really makes me wanna make a trip down there at some point.

Also surprised by Greensmith's results on the first stage! Let's hope we can keep it up. Overall it seems like the Fords have been getting stronger, too!

·
Super Moderator
2,921 Posts
Discussion Starter · #237 ·
Personally I think rally car drivers are not only the best drivers in the world, even better than F1 drivers, but also the most Fearless.
I agree with that. With rallying you have many different conditions to drive in while needing to understand your car and the environment around you.

I’d say a rally driver who knows how to drive well with all drive types

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
2,123 Posts
Personally I think rally car drivers are not only the best drivers in the world, even better than F1 drivers, but also the most Fearless.
I agree with that. With rallying you have many different conditions to drive in while needing to understand your car and the environment around you.

I’d say a rally driver who knows how to drive well with all drive types
Both of these. Rally has to be one of the most difficult and dangerous motorsports and these guys are doing it in 500hp+ beasts going almost blind into the stages

·
Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
447 Posts

Seems like a fair penalty, Tanak should be able to make that back easily today. The real question is if he can fend of Rovanpera for the driver's title.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
674 Posts
Both of these. Rally has to be one of the most difficult and dangerous motorsports and these guys are doing it in 500hp+ beasts going almost blind into the stages
Be like F1 if you go to a new track every time and you get to drive the course once in a regular car with a navigator that takes notes to read to you. And toss in that the road surface randomly changes at anytime!

221 - 240 of 279 Posts