Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
181 - 200 of 211 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
It may be too early to call but I think he has this in the bag
I think so, but I was reflecting on this yesterday....How fun it will be to see him full send for the rest of the year?! He literally has nothing to lose at this point with a two rally gap to second. Most of the time we see drivers hang it out because they are so far behind that it doesn't matter. In this instance, it is the other way around. I find that compelling. Finland should be epic. Can anybody touch him there? Mr. Lappi? Big battle coming!

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
287 Posts
I'm a bit behind on watching the highlights, I'm happy for Rovanperä but I hope we're not heading for another era like Loebs where one driver dominates for years.

·
Registered
286 Posts
I'm super excited! I think we can guess who will win Finland this year 😉

That being said, the Hyundais still might have a chance if they can get their shit together, and Ford might do well as the fastest WRC car if Breen doesn't crash out lol

·
Registered
37 Posts
Can't wait for the real stages tonight. Those Rally 1 cars at full song! Yes please!!!!! EP needs to get off to a good start, or I think Kalle dominates. Kalle lives in Elyfn's head, so I think he has to back into it to win it. The Hyundai boys sure seem down.....wonder if they are sandbagging. I am not concerned about M-Sport. We shall see shortly!!!!

·
Super Moderator
2,003 Posts
Discussion Starter · #199 ·
I'm not sure I agree. I don't remember that well, but I think he was only doing fine in WRC2, but nothing worth promoting to Rally1.
What I’m saying is I feel bad from what you said with his dad, but at the end of the day he’s still a pro. He gets paid to do it so I don’t really feel THAT bad about living up to the legacy.

181 - 200 of 211 Posts