Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Seriously, I'd buy them. I dislike piano black for the same reason as most.

I need to buy their teardown skin for my Steam Deck
I have their Swarm skin for my Steam Deck, lol. Really though, I would totally buy skins to cover the glossy black if they offered it. That crap gets scratched up and covered in finger prints so easily.

Reactions: mdp5094

·
Registered
2021 E210 Corolla, 2016 Scion FR-S (Sold)
52 Posts
Yeah, piano black interior trim is cringe. Gets scratched easy, shows dust/smudges, etc. It's a loosing battle to try and keep it looking nice.

Flat black interior trim piece swaps would be my ideal scenario. (They existed for the 86/brz platform)

·
Registered
85 Posts
This guy wrapped a Bimmer's interior with PPF. When I get the outside of my GRC PPF'd Ill ask and see if they get can do the interior pieces as well. Every turn of that dial on the climate controls will probably wind up scratched.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Xpel stealth might be perfect for gloss black as it is matte. I plan to wrap it either in stealth or some vinyl wrap. Gloss black is gross. I am also mad that the exterior is gloss. Who the hell thinks that gloss is premium?!?

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
351 Posts
I'd pay to have someone do it. It boggles my mind that it even exists, it looks terrible after 5 minutes and half the time the glare makes it unreadable at best and blinding at worst. So how does it even get past the testing phase of development?

·
Registered
102 Posts
I'd pay to have someone do it. It boggles my mind that it even exists, it looks terrible after 5 minutes and half the time the glare makes it unreadable at best and blinding at worst. So how does it even get past the testing phase of development?
Because it looks really good in the showroom.
Just like black paint looks amazing just washed and waxed.
Give it 30 minutes and it starts looking bad, dust etc.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts