Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
No love for the thestraightpipes?
Personally, they're a watered-down version of most of reviewers mentioned previously

Their reviews are not as entertaining as they used to be but I guess they are fairly consistent for folks who seek an overall description of the car. "Cliche corner! Horse power and torque! We're going for a ride!"

I'd like to hear from SG, TH, Jason Cammisa, and MotoManTV...

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
155 Posts
Not Kirk Kreifels. Use to love this guy and watched him for everything. But he treated his GRC ride along like an end-credit background video where he literally asked no questions about the car and acted like he couldn’t care less, then gave no comment….ever, even when asked for his thoughts and he replied in the comments. Then to top it off, he recently posted a video on the manual Supra (knowing that the first drive for both the manual Supra and the GRC is scheduled on the same track/same day), then only discussed the Supra briefly before saying he was invited but wouldnt be going to test drive because he had other things to do and didn’t want to fly up there just to get sick driving around. Sick from test driving? Not buying it. I unsubscribed from him weeks ago but saw his Supra video pop up in my feed and was curious. But nope. Not sure why he’s snubbing us now. He was super into the GR all the way up until the ride along,
I would prob go with Savage Geese simply because I know they shoot straight without too much hype. The only thing I have with them is that sometimes they get stuck on a small detail that they are unhappy with and it overshadows the positives. But at least I know I’ll get the details on the negatives.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
Not Kirk Kreifels. Use to love this guy and watched him for everything. But he treated his GRC ride along like an end-credit background video where he literally asked no questions about the car and acted like he couldn’t care less, then gave no comment….ever, even when asked for his thoughts and he replied in the comments. Then to top it off, he recently posted a video on the manual Supra (knowing that the first drive for both is scheduled on the same track/same day), then only discussed the Supra briefly before saying he was invited but wouldnt be going to test drive because he had other things to do and didn’t want to fly up there just to get sick driving around. Sick from test driving? Not buying it. I unsubscribed from him weeks ago but saw his Supra video pop up in my feed and was curious. But nope. Not sure why he’s snubbing us now. He was super into the GR all the way up until the ride along,
I would prob go with Savage Geese simply because I know they shoot straight without too much hype. The only thing I have with them is that sometimes they get stuck on a small detail that they are unhappy with and it overshadows the positives.
He’s apparently not going to the drives at the end of august either

·
Registered
155 Posts
He’s apparently not going til the end of august either
Coincides with Raiti’s comments, so it sounds like we’ll hear more from the press then. Wouldn’t mind seeing Raiti’s review either. I consider him more fun and informational then serious.

·
Banned
940 Posts

It’s about 20 seconds in lol
That's it... Dude is officially a 🤡.. I'm unsubbing as we speak. How you suppose to build your subscriptions while avoiding test driving performance cars? I'm pretty sure most of his subscribers are there for performance car news, and not boring ass run of the mill SUV's ....What a fail

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like Raiti's Rides. Seems informative in a realistic down to earth way that consumers can understand. I can't do Doug Demuro as he just sounds like a guy on the spectrum trying to read the spec sheet and brochure and it becomes boring real quick.

If it ends up on Fitment Industries or Donut Media then we know its heading for a bad place.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
If it ends up on Fitment Industries or Donut Media then we know its heading for a bad place.
I don't care for Fitment Industries, but Donut doesn't typically do car reviews, so I think we're safe on that front.

Never quite understood the hate on them. They're a car channel meant for entertainment, not for deep technical knowledge or reviews. Sure they're a bit clickbaity, but that's more a product of Youtube forcing everyone to be than Donut themselves. They're entertaining and they get more casual folks into cars. My wife hated cars for a long time, but she loved Donut. She's been slowly converting.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
I don't care for Fitment Industries, but Donut doesn't typically do car reviews, so I think we're safe on that front.

Never quite understood the hate on them. They're a car channel meant for entertainment, not for deep technical knowledge or reviews. Sure they're a bit clickbaity, but that's more a product of Youtube forcing everyone to be than Donut themselves. They're entertaining and they get more casual folks into cars. My wife hated cars for a long time, but she loved Donut. She's been slowly converting.
Fitment industries became a bootleg Donut. I agree that Donut Media is one of those channels steered more towards entertainment. Maybe people who’ve been around cars for awhile just hate some of the inaccuracies they have.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I like Raiti's Rides. Seems informative in a realistic down to earth way that consumers can understand. I can't do Doug Demuro as he just sounds like a guy on the spectrum trying to read the spec sheet and brochure and it becomes boring real quick.

I like Doug when he occasionally dips into cars I can afford. But if you want a laugh next time you watch his videos think about this: I believe Doug Demiro’s spirit animal is Grover from Sesame Street. You can’t unsee the similarities!

·
Registered
266 Posts
I like Doug when he occasionally dips into cars I can afford. But if you want a laugh next time you watch his videos think about this: I believe Doug Demiro’s spirit animal is Grover from Sesame Street. You can’t unsee the similarities!
I never would have thought of that. thanks for ruining it for me even more haha

·
Banned
940 Posts
IDK... He just doesn't come off as a car guy to me. Dude probably changes his oil with a credit card... Just sayin'

·
Registered
155 Posts
Doug and his spirit animal: 😂

21 - 40 of 40 Posts