Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

What State are you in?

41 - 60 of 88 Posts
I saw in the other thread that the car is on the ground. Congrats!

I love they're letting you watch the PDI. So no shipping blocks, no dealer badging, no drill front plate, make sure the rail plugs are set, etc.

Let us know how it goes. With any luck I'll be doing the same at WRJ in a few months.
the GM told my sales guy that I cannot hang out in the service area at the last minute, but whatever. I think it's going to be just fine. I've gotten a chance to hang out with the car while it was getting taken off the truck. That's plenty exciting for me.

I am not sure what the rail plugs detail you mention is all about. Clarify?

the GM told my sales guy that I cannot hang out in the service area at the last minute, but whatever. I think it's going to be just fine. I've gotten a chance to hang out with the car while it was getting taken off the truck. That's plenty exciting for me.

I am not sure what the rail plugs detail you mention is all about. Clarify?
I learned about this from the Rav4 forums. Basically, there are rubber plugs which fill holes in the frame used for shipping purposes (like a tie down or something I think). They're typically in the glove box and meant to be installed during PDI. Very common for dealers to miss. I checked mine before driving off in my 22 Prime and they were installed correctly.

I think I read somewhere on this forum that there are similar plugs that need to be installed. I'm sure someone has probably posted the PDI guide somewhere.

Also see discussion here, seems like there is some confusion still.

My dealer just called me for a first come first serve ordeal because the first person in line passed on the GR they had coming in, sadly I passed too because it doesn't come with the PP. It absolutely stings to be so close to something you've been waiting almost a whole year for and have to let it go. I also learned that I was much higher on my list that the previous estimate that I was given said I was which is gonna make things even more fun.

My dealer just called me for a first come first serve ordeal because the first person in line passed on the GR they had coming in, sadly I passed too because it doesn't come with the PP. It absolutely stings to be so close to something you've been waiting almost a whole year for and have to let it go. I also learned that I was much higher on my list that the previous estimate that I was given said I was which is gonna make things even more fun.
Weird that they went to FCFS after the first guy passed. Not liking the sounds of that and hope other dealers don't do the same. Seems like your dealer isn't honoring the list except for the first one in line, which almost means that the first guy either has an in or is an employee.

Unfortunately for us in the NE area, not only are we at the end of the allocation list, but we're also getting vehicles without PP so not looking too good for most people unless they're willing to compromise. I'm probably going to broaden my options at this point and will take whichever vehicle, GRC, Golf R, or Honda CTR, at MSRP if I get the chance.

Weird that they went to FCFS after the first guy passed. Not liking the sounds of that and hope other dealers don't do the same. Seems like your dealer isn't honoring the list except for the first one in line, which almost means that the first guy either has an in or is an employee.

Unfortunately for us in the NE area, not only are we at the end of the allocation list, but we're also getting vehicles without PP so not looking too good for most people unless they're willing to compromise. I'm probably going to broaden my options at this point and will take whichever vehicle, GRC, Golf R, or Honda CTR, at MSRP if I get the chance.
I kinda see what you're saying but I'm fine with it. If it weren't for the FCFS I wouldn't even had a chance with this specific allocation and it also helps the people who are in state/near have a higher chance of getting the car as opposed to someone on the list whose across the country.

I kinda see what you're saying but I'm fine with it. If it weren't for the FCFS I wouldn't even had a chance with this specific allocation and it also helps the people who are in state/near have a higher chance of getting the car as opposed to someone on the list whose across the country.
I guess the concern I didn't mention is that because it's FCFS I wonder if they want a bidding war between all the people that do want it, which almost means ADM will be involved. Is this dealer MSRP only?

I guess the concern I didn't mention is that because it's FCFS I wonder if they want a bidding war between all the people that do want it, which almost means ADM will be involved. Is this dealer MSRP only?
Ok yeah, that concern makes a lot of sense but the dealer, as far as I'm aware, is msrp. The sales guy told me whoever shows up the the dealer first in person gets the car and I had that opportunity but it's just simply not what I'm looking for so I'm sticking to waiting it out.

I picked up my Ice Cap GRC yesterday (Feb 7). I called a bunch of dealers in Maine in mid-December to see who had lists going. Got my name on one or two but most were closed and not taking names or deposits. Central Maine Toyota is an MSRP dealers and they don’t charge any doc fees. I was 8 on their list and placed a refundable $500 deposit.

Got a call on Jan 20 from Downeast Toyota that they had a car coming in - and asked if I was interested. They sent me the build sheet (cold weather, tech, and performance packs, shift knob and roof racks). I called back, placed a $10% non-refundable deposit and it showed up last week. MSRP, doc fees of $225, and $129 to etch the cat converter (Maine now requires all dealers to permanently mark all cats with the VIN). I was in and out of the dealership in 30 mins with zero pressure to buy anything else. Great experience.

Now just waiting for exhaust systems and rear spoilers to come to the marketplace.
Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

I picked up my Ice Cap GRC yesterday (Feb 7). I called a bunch of dealers in Maine in mid-December to see who had lists going. Got my name on one or two but most were closed and not taking names or deposits. Central Maine Toyota is an MSRP dealers and they don’t charge any doc fees. I was 8 on their list and placed a refundable $500 deposit.

Got a call on Jan 20 from Downeast Toyota that they had a car coming in - and asked if I was interested. They sent me the build sheet (cold weather, tech, and performance packs, shift knob and roof racks). I called back, placed a $10% non-refundable deposit and it showed up last week. MSRP, doc fees of $225, and $129 to etch the cat converter (Maine now requires all dealers to permanently mark all cats with the VIN). I was in and out of the dealership in 30 mins with zero pressure to buy anything else. Great experience.

Now just waiting for exhaust systems and rear spoilers to come to the marketplace. View attachment 7441
Congrats! Good to hear of someone getting a fully loaded vehicle at MSRP in the NE area. Any plans on swapping out the wheels for a winter setup?

Congrats! Good to hear of someone getting a fully loaded vehicle at MSRP in the NE area. Any plans on swapping out the wheels for a winter setup?
At this point, no plans to get winter tires and wheels. I looked on Tire Rack and it was over $2K for a decent set up. I will next fall though.

Got a call on Jan 20 from Downeast Toyota that they had a car coming in - and asked if I was interested.
I had been in that dealership off and on since March of last year and they assured me I was on top of the list. You talked with someone who didn't know and snagged the vehicle. Incredibly frustrated with my 'homewtown' dealer.

I had been in that dealership off and on since March of last year and they assured me I was on top of the list. You talked with someone who didn't know and snagged the vehicle. Incredibly frustrated with my 'homewtown' dealer.
That sucks and this is probably happening a lot more than you would think. It's very possible for me to be in the same situation. Did you happen to try to get onto other lists as well? I put too much faith in only putting a deposit in for one dealer and not doing my due diligence to have a backup or two.

Dude, I feel horrible if that is what happened. They reached out to me and I obviously jumped at the opportunity.

Dude, I feel horrible if that is what happened. They reached out to me and I obviously jumped at the opportunity.
I can't blame you for buying the car given the opportunity. All the fault lies with the dealer. I tried so hard for them to take a deposit but they refused always saying that 'they didn't expect to get allocated one'. I told them I didn't care, just shut up and take my money. I was willing to wait - but they wouldn't budge.

@evokeion I didn't bother getting on anymore lists because its a tiny city in eastern Maine and I had a salesman and a lady in the back office watching the allocations for me. The other lady in the back office was the one that talked to Maineiac I guess.

After the day of the allocation fiasco I called around to all the dealers in the North East without much luck. Most were unavailable already or available due to $10k ADM. If it was available my first question was... "are you sure you don't have a list?" One dealer in Attleboro Mass has a red one (no performance pack...) that I put a deposit on. I think people were turned off by them because they wouldn't do any paperwork or deposits over the phone or online. So I drove to Attleboro on a Friday night and put down a deposit in person Saturday morning.

Their initial outreach to me was from Chrystal, the internet sales manager. That same day I spoke with Steve Maker (the salesman assigned) and Brian G who is apparently the General Sales Manager. A week later I spoke with Eric Turner the Sales Manager.

Are you using the Toyota “Find Yours” search engine to view GRC inventory coming into local dealers?

I can't blame you for buying the car given the opportunity. All the fault lies with the dealer. I tried so hard for them to take a deposit but they refused always saying that 'they didn't expect to get allocated one'. I told them I didn't care, just shut up and take my money. I was willing to wait - but they wouldn't budge.

@evokeion I didn't bother getting on anymore lists because its a tiny city in eastern Maine and I had a salesman and a lady in the back office watching the allocations for me. The other lady in the back office was the one that talked to Maineiac I guess.

After the day of the allocation fiasco I called around to all the dealers in the North East without much luck. Most were unavailable already or available due to $10k ADM. If it was available my first question was... "are you sure you don't have a list?" One dealer in Attleboro Mass has a red one (no performance pack...) that I put a deposit on. I think people were turned off by them because they wouldn't do any paperwork or deposits over the phone or online. So I drove to Attleboro on a Friday night and put down a deposit in person Saturday morning.
Yeah, that's unfortunate that happened that way. Are you okay with settling with no PP? That was one of the main features I was looking forward to so I'm not willing to budge on a non-PP. Was red your preference too?

If you're a Pats fan, you can always make a quick stop to Patriot Place/Gillette to make the trip as worthwhile as possible when you pick up the car! Photo-op too!

Are you using the Toyota “Find Yours” search engine to view GRC inventory coming into local dealers?
Are you talking about this? Toyota Inventory

If so, I can't stop refreshing.

41 - 60 of 88 Posts