Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

What State are you in?

Where's all my New England people at?

7K views 87 replies 19 participants last post by  Ital 
#1 ·
Hello from Maine. I've only seen a few people here from NH or MA. The New England region (RI, MA, VT, NH, ME) has not received any allocations as far as I know and every other region has had a few by now.

Looking at the google spreadsheets and the toyota inventory tracker, the nearest GRC allocation is upstate NY, CT, or NYC. I was thinking that the Toyota inventory website didn't work in our region (similar to SE have a different website) but all other models selected show allocations in New England. So as far as we can tell, there have been no allocations for our area.

My dealer hasn't heard anything and I've been avoiding badgering them too much. I remember the GR86's coming to NE pretty late from other regions last year. Does anyone have any other information?

#5 ·
Hello from RI. I've had a deposit at Balise in Warwick here since early November. I checked in with them on December 12th and they confirmed what you're said: they usually don't get anything in their allocation until after the NY area gets them. So I'm hoping it won't be much longer, given that they are appearing in NY.

#7 ·
I’m in the RI area. I reached out to Balise and Nucar the day of the reveal and was told no deposits from both, just a list. A bit sad to hear Balise took them in Nov after I checked in with them a few times as info being released 😩
Nucar have been constantly in touch with me so hopefully luck out there.

Honestly in no rush, I’d rather get a new car when the salt washes away so I can enjoy the newness lol. Still holding slight hope for a CE. I was ok with the Core but I may pass it up until I see the Integra Type S reveal in April.

#8 ·
I'm west of Boston and supposedly #3 at my msrp dealer but who really knows. My sales rep texts me every Monday to say that they don't have an allocation.
I'm hoping for a Morizo but would happily take a circuit. Mostly autox and 5-7 track days a year out at Palmer or Thompson. I would commute on the days I can avoid sitting in traffic.

#12 ·
I called Lynch Toyota and it was already sold. They tried getting me to drop a deposit with them but finally admitted their list was already 20+. Yeah no thanks. Ill stick to my dealers in Maine. But Lynch is msrp only which is great for anyone on their list already

#16 ·
Currently in VT myself, I just called up my sales guy at Heritage Toyota about any incoming cars and he said that most of the New England region has yet to get its hands on any corollas which kinda sucks but who knows, maybe by the time we start getting them there will be less people ahead of us on our respective waitlists.

#19 ·
I called one of the dealers with an allocation to gauge how they're selling the vehicle and they told me there's a list of people that want to be updated on the vehicle, but they are doing it first come first serve. Also let me know that there will be a markup of some sort because the car is "limited", but also couldn't tell me how much that markup would be.

Between markup and with most of the allocated vehicles in the NE area not having PP, I'm not holding my breath. It's starting to look more likely that I will have to wait it out for a while...

#23 ·
Have the number one spot at my VT dealer and just got my allocation call, no PP. Sucks to have to pass and not know when/if the next car comes through. I told him I need a day to think about it, but I know I would regret "settling". Why the eff didn't Toyota just make all the Cores fully loaded.....

#24 ·
Is your dealer MSRP only or is there going to be an ADM? I think one of the things that enticed me most is the different modes. I missed out on owning a STI so I'm thinking this is the way to make up for it. non-PP is a def a deal breaker for me and seems like it's the case for mostly everyone in this thread.

#32 ·
Got my allocation black fully loaded in VT. I am astonished that so many to New England do not have PP. I wanted white but more than color I wanted the PP and ideally the other two packages.

If anyone has a white fully loaded and wants to dealer swap please DM me and we can put our sales persons in touch with each other.

If not, that’s OK. It shouldn’t be impossible to wrap it to white.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of you out on the road once you get your cars

#36 ·
Nice to see some VT people here. I'm around Montpelier. I'm circuit or bust. White River Toyota has been great. I get a call/email every month. The just let me know they got their first allocation. Obviously passed without getting details because it's not a circuit. I'd get a Morizo...but not for $50k. Would have to be more like $45k and I'm certain there would be no negotiation. Am MSRP for the circuit supposedly.

I really never expect to get a GR...so if I can't by May or so will probably go back to BWM. Had a 2019 X3M40i (custom ordered) that we recently changed for a 2022 RAV4 Prime SE (MSRP and really like it). The circuit will be my fun car with daily duties mostly on electric with the Prime. Would probably go to an M240i or even M2.

#43 ·
My dealer just called me for a first come first serve ordeal because the first person in line passed on the GR they had coming in, sadly I passed too because it doesn't come with the PP. It absolutely stings to be so close to something you've been waiting almost a whole year for and have to let it go. I also learned that I was much higher on my list that the previous estimate that I was given said I was which is gonna make things even more fun.

#44 ·
Weird that they went to FCFS after the first guy passed. Not liking the sounds of that and hope other dealers don't do the same. Seems like your dealer isn't honoring the list except for the first one in line, which almost means that the first guy either has an in or is an employee.

Unfortunately for us in the NE area, not only are we at the end of the allocation list, but we're also getting vehicles without PP so not looking too good for most people unless they're willing to compromise. I'm probably going to broaden my options at this point and will take whichever vehicle, GRC, Golf R, or Honda CTR, at MSRP if I get the chance.

#50 ·
I picked up my Ice Cap GRC yesterday (Feb 7). I called a bunch of dealers in Maine in mid-December to see who had lists going. Got my name on one or two but most were closed and not taking names or deposits. Central Maine Toyota is an MSRP dealers and they don’t charge any doc fees. I was 8 on their list and placed a refundable $500 deposit.

Got a call on Jan 20 from Downeast Toyota that they had a car coming in - and asked if I was interested. They sent me the build sheet (cold weather, tech, and performance packs, shift knob and roof racks). I called back, placed a $10% non-refundable deposit and it showed up last week. MSRP, doc fees of $225, and $129 to etch the cat converter (Maine now requires all dealers to permanently mark all cats with the VIN). I was in and out of the dealership in 30 mins with zero pressure to buy anything else. Great experience.

Now just waiting for exhaust systems and rear spoilers to come to the marketplace.
Car Wheel Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Tire

#51 ·
I picked up my Ice Cap GRC yesterday (Feb 7). I called a bunch of dealers in Maine in mid-December to see who had lists going. Got my name on one or two but most were closed and not taking names or deposits. Central Maine Toyota is an MSRP dealers and they don’t charge any doc fees. I was 8 on their list and placed a refundable $500 deposit.

Got a call on Jan 20 from Downeast Toyota that they had a car coming in - and asked if I was interested. They sent me the build sheet (cold weather, tech, and performance packs, shift knob and roof racks). I called back, placed a $10% non-refundable deposit and it showed up last week. MSRP, doc fees of $225, and $129 to etch the cat converter (Maine now requires all dealers to permanently mark all cats with the VIN). I was in and out of the dealership in 30 mins with zero pressure to buy anything else. Great experience.

Now just waiting for exhaust systems and rear spoilers to come to the marketplace. View attachment 7441
Congrats! Good to hear of someone getting a fully loaded vehicle at MSRP in the NE area. Any plans on swapping out the wheels for a winter setup?

#57 ·
Their initial outreach to me was from Chrystal, the internet sales manager. That same day I spoke with Steve Maker (the salesman assigned) and Brian G who is apparently the General Sales Manager. A week later I spoke with Eric Turner the Sales Manager.

Are you using the Toyota “Find Yours” search engine to view GRC inventory coming into local dealers?