Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

I must say I've been a bit of a creeper on this forum and as well as google and YT. So I've decided to finally make a post.

Essentially I want to get a proper gauge of what is happening in Toyota Land and for this thread to continue to grow as we all get information drip fed to us. So far what I have gathered for Australia is that we will be receiving:
  • ~500 examples of the GR Rolla (not sure if that includes or excludes Morizo Numbers).
What I don't know for sure and what I have been thinking about it (a lot) is listed below:
  • How are the orders going to take place (I have put a deposit down very early on). But I have heard that it may be an online sale, but at the moment that is just hearsay.
  • What editions will be coming Down Under. My thought process will be that the Core/ Circuit edition is a US thing only. Considering that Toyota will be making another 2000 (I'm assuming Right Hand Drive) models it would make sense that they just part with 500ish RZ models, so my assumption is that the RZ will be the Model coming to AUS also (might be under another name) but with all the same features (hopefully anyways)
  • Dates I've heard is October deliveries. (weather I believe that or not is a different story)
  • I have also heard that there will be a pricing update either late August/ Early September
Anyway that's all I really know/ Don't know so far, I tried using some logic with how the GR Yaris is currently priced comparatively with the non GR models and tried to work out similar percentage markups with the Corolla my best guess is $65k mark maybe $70k tops. considering that the GR Yaris is very different to the Base Models the mark up isn't that great, in the case of the GR Corolla most of it is pretty much close to or similar to the base models in my opinion so I'm thinking that would be a cost saver for Toyota that gets passed on to us(hopefully). With all that being said I know hype does drive the price up and Toyota won't make the same mistake they did with pricing the Yaris $10k cheaper at the beginning. I've tried to Gather as much information out of my Toyota dealer but with not much success. Please let me know what you all think/ Know and i hope this post creates some great discussion points. Most of what I've written is from the internet so please take it with a grain of salt.

BONICS96

·
Registered
20 Posts
My dealer (a big one) has advised that they expect the cars to arrive towards the end of November. Otherwise, no news as of my last check in (6-7 weeks ago). He suspects that the Morizo will only be obtainable directly through Toyota Australia with the dealers only acting as pick-up points.

·
Registered
Suzuki GSXR750L7 Legacy 3.0R 6MT
316 Posts
November is the date things will start to happen in New Zealand. I have other information but not going to post it on a forum as I'm taking it as supplied in confidence.

Our dealers are either not being given the info or else they to are holding their cards close to their chest at this stage.

Reality is there is only another few months to wait now anyway for official channels to release to spec and pricing.

·
Registered
517 Posts
November is the date things will start to happen in New Zealand. I have other information but not going to post it on a forum as I'm taking it as supplied in confidence.

Our dealers are either not being given the info or else they to are holding their cards close to their chest at this stage.

Reality is there is only another few months to wait now anyway for official channels to release to spec and pricing.
You definitely should have just left the second half of that first paragraph out lol

1 - 4 of 4 Posts