You’re definitely going to get a quicker car, at least the GRC might go 0-60 in mid 5s but overall, I’m good with having a hot hatch, manual, pure bred Toyota, simply put.I currently drive a 2013 Subaru BRZ. With three kids, ages 11-14, the back seat can get a bit cramped, to put it lightly. I have been keeping my eye out for a replacement vehicle for a while, but nothing has really caught my eye, until I read the rumors of the GR Corolla.
Here is what I'm looking for in a new car:
• Manual transmission (More simple, more fun, cheaper. Every car I've ever owned has been a manual, and I don't plan on changing until forced to by EVs.)
• 4 doors, and able to fit myself (6' 200lbs) and three teenagers (without restoring to origami to fit them in the back.)
• At least as quick as my BRZ (0-60mph in 6.4 seconds and [email protected] in the 1/4.)
• All wheel drive (I have found the limitations of both FWD and RWD in winter months. True all wheel drive is preferable to the systems that are FWD until needed, then send a bit of torque to the rear.)
• Quick, nimble handling (I came from autocrossing/canyon carving Neons and then BRZ, I appreciate light weight and responsive handling.)
• Hatchback (at least enough to fit a medium sized dog.)
• Decent fuel economy (My BRZ gets 28mpg average, and I don't want to sacrifice too much in that area. I think 25mpg average would be acceptable.)
• And then it comes down to budget... I can't see myself spending more than $30-35k for a vehicle that meets these requirements. I've read rumors about potential pricing of the GR Corolla ranging from $30k to $45k... I sure hope there's at least a base model on the lower end of that spectrum, or I won't be able to afford it.
Even if it looked like the base model Corolla hatchback, and had just 257hp (lowest I've seen in a GR Yaris) with manual transmission and AWD, that would be good enough for me.
I don't feel that my wish list is too extreme, yet, with those limitations, I have not been able to find any vehicle for sale today that meets them.
So, that's what I'm looking for...
I'm curious what are you all are looking for, what are your requirements/wish list, and what is your budget like for this car?
As far as price 35-40k is fine with me. Usually the lower the price you start seeing certain crowds getting into the car with questionable mods.