Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
601 - 620 of 627 Posts

·
Registered
170 Posts
Restating my point from months ago. I noticed none of the pre-production cars had a visible tow hook point, unless I missed it somewhere. I do wonder where it will be because I'd like to use it for my front plate mount.
I would like the dealer to not punch holes in the front bumper for the plate bracket. I have front plates where I live but I'd rather not install the front plate if possible. On my 2009 Corolla S Turbo 5MT I hit a deer 8 years ago and when they replaced the bumper I had them fill in the pimples for the bolts since I never found my front plate after the accident. I think it looks much better without it over the last 8 years. 😂😂😍😎
Car Automotive side-view mirror Vehicle Vehicle registration plate Grille

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
284 Posts
When I was looking at the high-res pictures the front bumper appeared to already be drilled for a plate. The way the holes were placed it was very subtle though.

·
Registered
16 Posts
When I was looking at the high-res pictures the front bumper appeared to already be drilled for a plate. The way the holes were placed it was very subtle though.
They won't be drilled from the factory - that's the dealer's responsibility during the pre-delivery inspection process. They just have dimples in the grille mold. My buddy took this picture at the Cars and Coffee event back in June on the red GRC.
Grille Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,837 Posts
I wish places didn't require front plates. Really ruins the look and is a shame to drill holes into a bumper

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen GTI
52 Posts
They won't be drilled from the factory - that's the dealer's responsibility during the pre-delivery inspection process. They just have dimples in the grille mold. My buddy took this picture at the Cars and Coffee event back in June on the red GRC.
View attachment 2911
I will most likely run a plate relocate on mine and not have my front end drilled. I hate that I need a front plate in Canada.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
284 Posts
I'll probably just risk the no plate ticket for a while and see how that goes. Those extra filled in bits in the middle of the grille do look a little funny though so I might just run a regular or trimmed plate anyways. We'll see where the tow hook goes though, that might be a better spot.

Anything would look better than those people who zip tie their plate to the grille at a weird angle on a brand new car lol.

·
Super Moderator
585 Posts
I live in PA where there are no front license plates anyway. Was just expressing my disdain for them. Also, saying "just move to this place for one specific reason" is a horrible solution to anything.
Well if you don't like that solution, you should just move to Japan.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
155 Posts
I know the mysterious Circuit spoiler gets a lot of time here, but let‘s not forget something that is still a mystery for the Core guys: what is ”sport fabric” going to look like?:giggle:

·
Registered
166 Posts
Thanks for the information, my dealer will be getting instructions NOT to drill the bumper for me as I will be doing it myself.

I have seen the mess they can make just fitting normal plates let alone someone with a blunt drill having a go and not even checking they are in the right place to start with.

We can get our personalized plates remade now in a multitude of colours as well as the standard plate, Euro plates and Japanese plates so they are all different sizes. The Euro plate is more subtle, the standard plate blocked an intake in my Subaru and I re drilled the plate. Not likley to be a problem on the GRC from the look of it.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
223 Posts
Even though I already bought my vanity plates, I won’t be running a front one. I hate front plates, especially on a street car. I haven’t had one on my truck since I moved here in 2017 and haven’t (knocks on wood) been stopped for it here in TX.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Even though I already bought my vanity plates, I won’t be running a front one. I hate front plates, especially on a street car. I haven’t had one on my truck since I moved here in 2017 and haven’t (knocks on wood) been stopped for it here in TX.
I also hate front plates, but I don't want to give cops any reason whatsoever.

·
Registered
‘21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
223 Posts
I also hate front plates, but I don't want to give cops any reason whatsoever.
They are trying to hit quotas. A simple ticket for no front plates can quickly escalate to more. I'd rather be safe than sorry.
Fair enough! I won’t rag on anyone that runs one either. I don’t do anything illegal with my vehicles on the streets, so I’ll happily pay the ticket and be on my merry way if I ever get stopped.

601 - 620 of 627 Posts