Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
561 - 580 of 584 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
I believe the offset is the same as the one from GR Yaris as they share the same brake system
From what I’ve seen, Offset has not been confirmed yet. That said, offset and brake clearance are not always directly correlated (wheel design specific)

We also know the wheel width is not the same, so the wider wheels with same offset will stick out further and stick “in” closer to suspension components (all else equal)

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
From what I’ve seen, Offset has not been confirmed yet. That said, offset and brake clearance are not always directly correlated (wheel design specific)

We also know the wheel width is not the same, so the wider wheels with same offset will stick out further and stick “in” closer to suspension components (all else equal)
so the offset doesn't give clearance on the calipers as well?

·
Registered
5 Posts
so the offset doesn't give clearance on the calipers as well?
Lower offsets does not necessarily mean more brake clearance because the spoke design typically gets more aggressive/concave with lower offsets, which can also reduce brake clearance.

Usually spoke design affects brake clearance more than any other factor (wheel offset and even width). A recent example is the FK8 Type R, which has 8.5 wide wheels with a (very high) 60 offset, and yet it clears a large Brembo caliper. This is because the wheel is very flat faced - if it had a concave design, it would definitely not clear the caliper at that high of an offset.

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
128 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before, but did anyone ever figure out if the GRCs will come with the headlights that move with the steering wheel? Curious because the xse has them as an option and the GRC seems optioned out with everything else….

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
Sorry if this has been asked before, but did anyone ever figure out if the GRCs will come with the headlights that move with the steering wheel? Curious because the xse has them as an option and the GRC seems optioned out with everything else….
For me, the less electronics the car gets, the better. Not interested with the adaptive headlights

·
Registered
128 Posts
I
For me, the less electronics the car gets, the more better. Not interested with the adaptive headlights
it won’t be a deal breaker for me, but the fact that a heated steering wheel is included in one of the packages had me curious…

·
Registered
90 Posts
All I'm really waiting for now is price and availability of a circuit edition.

If the price ends up stupid I will take a pass after all it's only a Corolla let's not get carried away by the hype I'm not paying NZD$100k for one or USD$60k.

There are always other options on the horizon.

·
Registered
128 Posts
I thought price was a big thing for you, are you going for the CE officially?
Look at you remembering old conversations! I’m on the fence, it’s going to be based on the final figures and availability, right now I’m looking at CE because core doesn’t have leather, bulge hood, gloss black exterior accents and already comes fully loaded (also less chance of missing packages I want. But don’t get me wrong though….price can still break the deal for me. I was just surprised to hear that a heated steering wheel was even an option, so was wondering if we had gotten any updates on whether adaptive headlights were as well…

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
All I'm really waiting for now is price and availability of a circuit edition.

If the price ends up stupid I will take a pass after all it's only a Corolla let's not get carried away by the hype I'm not paying NZD$100k for one or USD$60k.

There are always other options on the horizon.
Will the CE reach down there?
If yes, I’m sorry, that might be the pricing as the Australian/NZ market is kinda crazy

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Look at you remembering old conversations! I’m on the fence, it’s going to be based on the final figures and availability, right now I’m looking at CE because core doesn’t have leather, bulge hood, gloss black exterior accents and already comes fully loaded (also less chance of missing packages I want. But don’t get me wrong though….price can still break the deal for me. I was just surprised to hear that a heated steering wheel was even an option, so was wondering if we had gotten any updates on whether adaptive headlights were as well…
Hey man I try to remember convos with people cause I like all of our interactions! Lol

But I understand that, I think it will get adaptive headlights

·
Registered
90 Posts
Will the CE reach down there?
If yes, I’m sorry, that might be the pricing as the Australian/NZ market is kinda crazy
I don't see why the right hand drive version will not make it down here.

In case anyone has not noticed the world economy is about to tank big time so new car sales here are going to go down the toilet. We are probably only going to need about 20 of the Circuit Edition down here for the whole country.

The demand may appear higher but that's because nobody knows the price yet. The price could be a real deal breaker if they pitch it to high.

I'm not sure if Toyota NZ is being given a fixed allocation of cars or if it's going to be a pre order process with a limit. We are not being asked for deposits. Demand could be so low you just order it and wait for it to arrive.

·
Super Moderator
699 Posts
I don't see why the right hand drive version will not make it down here.

In case anyone has not noticed the world economy is about to tank big time so new car sales here are going to go down the toilet. We are probably only going to need about 20 of the Circuit Edition down here for the whole country.

The demand may appear higher but that's because nobody knows the price yet. The price could be a real deal breaker if they pitch it to high.

I'm not sure if Toyota NZ is being given a fixed allocation of cars or if it's going to be a pre order process with a limit. We are not being asked for deposits. Demand could be so low you just order it and wait for it to arrive.
Even if we are on the way to a great recession,we will never going to see it’s price to be lower(GR Corolla) maybe some of the other models but not this hot hatch. People will still pay for it even if its above the sticker price.

·
Super Moderator
1,653 Posts
Even if we are on the way to a great recession,we will never going to see it’s price to be lower(GR Corolla) maybe some of the other models but not this hot hatch. People will still pay for it even if its above the sticker price.
People forget the Type R was still hit with ADM before Covid and things. 😂

·
Registered
59 Posts
Mid 2008 through the end of 2009 was a trip and might be a hint as to what we can expect over the next 12-24 months. People really stopped spending money. The interstate was empty, truck traffic was down, and folks really hunkered down. If things get that bad or worse, toy car purchases will slow down and ADM will go away. It’s too early to tell but demand may dry up. I’m hoping that won’t be the case as I’d rather pay ADM than experience another deep recession.

·
Registered
17 Posts
I am also starting to worry and wonder if the global economy suffers so greatly to the point that many companies begin cutting back their production. I‘d hate to see the GRC get axed after just one or two years because of a major recession.

561 - 580 of 584 Posts