Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

What Did You Do To/With Your GRC Today?

427K views 5K replies 307 participants last post by  Prince 
#1 ·
*Title edited by moderator Gazoo

A popular discussion amongst some of the largest Car forums across the scene.

I'll start- 3M window tint at 20% all around. Front windshield tint at 50%.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

See less See more
#478 ·
Not i you PPF the front end....Cars are always gonna get dinged, chips, etc but if your anal like me LOL you try to keep them to a minimum. They bother me, so the money spent on Expel to me is worth it, as well as many other folks. To correct philosophy's but in the end its what make you happy. Being a Miata driver for the past 30 years the new ND from the get go has been horrible with thin paint and its down low, folks with that car there hood on some have a few dozen chips on there hood....The GR should be much better than the Miata for chips but as you can attest to its happening.

#483 ·
your talking to a guy that drives a Miata.....Space ? Surprisingly enough i am ethnic percussionist and am able to get my Tabla, Udu, Jembe, Mbira, little amp, cords, some pillows,and stands in my Miata so the GR will be a little bigger i hope...But for sure not to much back there and will end up putting the rear seat down as i expect no passengers back there except Hans my Golden Retriever and Gertie my Bernise Mt Dog....That should be interesting if i ever do it. Now i can only take 1 dog at at time in the Miata..

#491 ·
Today i took the long scenic route into town to put some miles on the car and pick up an OEM oil filter from the dealership. its a good 45 miles of downhill switchbacks so i was able to just putt along & keep it below 4k but still get a feel for how the car behaves.

i think the "long scenic route" is about to become "the regular route" :LOL:

#495 ·
Did my first oil change yesterday with Pennzoil Ultra Platinum 0w-20. The drain plug gasket was so stuck it felt like one piece with the oil pan. Then the oil filter was on so tight I had to use oil filter pliers and mangled it all up to remove. These 2 things costed me an hour to remove, but everything else was smooth I guess.
Hood Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Car

#498 ·
That's thinking ahead...Glad you like the car that much. Getting mine in a week or so just wish the CE was available....But like you i could alway's trade it in.. I wanted the dark Grey color.. Black looks great but that Dark Grey looks better and would be the ONLY color i would trade it in for... My PPF Expel from 2 shops here in NJ quote was at $2 grand for the entire full front end with lights...So i am going for it..

#499 ·
Yesterday from a small but very highly regarded shop here in WI I was quoted 2300 for the full front end and a-pillar, roof front strip, rockers and rear fender bulge. Xpel. Going to do it.

#517 ·
Today (yesterday actually) I went in for my 1000-mile break-in oil change, and...banged my shin on that driver's side dash outcropping that everyone jokes about. My first Corolla shinbang. Remember folks, sit, then turn in. Don't just leg in first. :p
I always wondered how people hit it as it never bothers me. Then it hit me, I always sit in every car and then turn in. 🤣

#510 · (Edited)
Installed two Hella horns.

I have no idea why I did this. As an old guy, I have developed a lot of patience, and I'm also never in a hurry, so I use my horn maybe about 2 seconds each year, in four half-second beeps. I saw other guys talking about louder horns here, and I guess I needed something to do today.

I blame peer pressure.

Anyway, pretty straightforward. The plastic cover under the hood comes off easily- just seven plastic pins, pull up on the center pin of each.

I found locations for both horns that didn't obstruct the radiator. One I used a new bolt through an existing hole on a vertical support, and weirdly, that metal part doesn't seem to be grounded, so I had to run a little wire from the mounting bolt over to the other horn mounting bolt. For that one I used an existing bolt that holds the hood latch.

Here's what I used- seems plenty loud.

Automotive design Motor vehicle Auto part Automotive air manifold Automotive exterior

Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Car Hood

Motor vehicle Hood Automotive tire Automotive design Automotive exterior

#519 ·
Installed two Hella horns.

I have no idea why I did this. As an old guy, I have developed a lot of patience, and I'm also never in a hurry, so I use my horn maybe about 2 seconds each year, in four half-second beeps. I saw other guys talking about louder horns here, and I guess I needed something to do today.

I blame peer pressure.

Anyway, pretty straightforward. The plastic cover under the hood comes off easily- just seven plastic pins, pull up on the center pin of each.

I found locations for both horns that didn't obstruct the radiator. One is bolted through an existing hole on a vertical support, and weirdly, that metal part doesn't seem to be grounded, so I had to run a little wire from the mounting bolt over to the other horn mounting bolt. For that one I used an existing bolt that holds the hood latch.

Here's what I used- seems plenty loud.

View attachment 8551

View attachment 8552

View attachment 8553
Nice. I ordered some new PIAA horns for mine. I'm just waiting for my pigtail to arrive.

#526 ·
Just went for my 5k mile service. They tried to tell me that the oil change was not part of it. Showed em the maintenance schedule. They then said I would be charged for the oil change or do my 10k right now so the oil change is free. Asked about the retorque of components on the 10k, and they have no clue what that means. Told em to do the 10k oil. So yeah, something for everyone to look forward to when getting their GRC serviced.

#535 ·
1K oil change is something that auto enthusiasts will do if they plan on driving the car like it's meant to be driven. It isn't anywhere in the manual or maintenance guide and most sane drivers will never have to worry about it. I'm not one of those sane drivers.

Reactions: Okami and mdp5094
#536 ·
support.toyota.com said:
What does ToyotaCare include?

The ToyotaCare no cost maintenance plan covers normal factory scheduled maintenance for 2 years or 25,000 miles, whichever comes first. Roadside assistance is also included for two years and unlimited miles. See Toyota dealer for details and exclusions. Valid only in the continental U.S. and Alaska.

To learn more about ToyotaCare, click here.