Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
101 - 120 of 162 Posts

· Registered
212 Posts
I don't know what you're using to read codes, or if it gives you the code status. There are four possible status for a DTC, Pending, Current, History, or Permanent. Is it possible it's just there under "Permanent" status?
ive used torque pro app via bluetooth and a scangauge 2 from another car... what could i use to see if its permanent and how can i clear it?

· Registered
517 Posts
ive used torque pro app via bluetooth and a scangauge 2 from another car... what could i use to see if its permanent and how can i clear it?
I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that app. I always use a Toyota scan tool. If it's a permanent code, you can't clear it, but it's also nothing to worry about. If you do not have a check engine light illuminated as a result, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

· Registered
517 Posts
I do have a check engine light on, that's how I knew it threw a code 😅 😭
Well, if it's stored as a permanent code, you can't clear it with a scan tool. The ECU has to see three drive cycles where it did not detect a fault but the drive cycle was sufficient to complete the monitor test for the AFR sensor. In other words, you may have to drive it several days before that code goes away. You can't clear a permanent code with a scan tool.

· Registered
138 Posts
You guys are really starting to make me think hard about keeping the black one instead of trying to trade it away. That looks great.
Yes it looks great for 30 minutes then it’s time to get out the wash buckets. Never ending, but most people just give up and accept the dirty car. Been there done that, never again.

· Registered
212 Posts
Well, if it's stored as a permanent code, you can't clear it with a scan tool. The ECU has to see three drive cycles where it did not detect a fault but the drive cycle was sufficient to complete the monitor test for the AFR sensor. In other words, you may have to drive it several days before that code goes away. You can't clear a permanent code with a scan tool.
yup I'm riding it out .. 🤞

· Registered
9 Posts
Wheel Tire Car Land vehicle Automotive parking light

Cloud Sky Wheel Tire Car

Car Wheel Tire Cloud Land vehicle

Wheel Car Tire Sky Cloud

Car is broken in, and will be doing oil change at 1000 miles. Went for a drive in the hills with another GRC + a squad of GR86’s. Went to cars and coffee as well as another meet. Can’t stop driving this thing, too much fun. Finally got the GRC AW floor mats, they’re great, and much needed here in Oregon. Tint and PPF done as well. Waiting on plates (not custom).
More active on IG @GR4Corolla.

· Registered
622 Posts
101 - 120 of 162 Posts