Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

· Registered
2003 Celica GTS/ 2010 Gen Coupe 3.8 R-Spec
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in a condo and I've already had people mess with my Celica GTS (tried to steal the side skirts off of her). So now my mind is slightly paranoid. Once I get my GRC (fingers crossed) I feel like I'm going to have to add as many deterrents as possible.

You guys in here have much experience with fav 2 way alarm systems, motion activated dash cams, GPS trackers, steering wheel club etc. What else am I missing? Lol throw your ideas below!

Also... Am I crazy?

· Registered
575 Posts
I run Compustar. I have it on my truck with Drone mobile but not my DD because the DD is my beater.

It’s a pretty cool alarm. You get a fob that will work up to a mile. I mean I’m amazed sometimes remote starting the truck with the fob how far it will go. I’ll be in a building, be in the gym, and I park way, way out and it’ll get signal.

The best thing about it is the mobile app, Drone. You download the app and you can arm/disarm, remote start, etc. It even tells you your battery voltage. I’ve literally been in the middle of the Pacific, 4000 miles away surfing, and get a push notification that my 12v is getting low. When I get back to the crib, I break out the tablet, and open up the camera that’s pointed at my driveway and vehicles. Then I grab the phone, open the app and remote start the truck from 4000 miles away. I listen to it start up, and watch. Let it run in idle for a while to charge the battery back up. It gets low when I’m gone a couple of weeks but it’s damn nice to know I have surveillance cameras on the vehicle and that alarm. If someone sets it off I’ll know immediately, get the camera up and can call a neighbor or the po po.

If someone sets off the alarm you are notified immediately by push notification on your phone and if your alarm fob is close it goes off too. I’ve had thunder shake the house so hard you could feel it which would set off the alarm. I grab the phone to shut the siren off and go back to armed status. Best Buy sells the Compustar and Drone. I think I paid around $550 all in with hardware and install. Worth it to me as I get a small break on insurance premiums for my truck since it’s on there. I’ll definitely be putting it on the GRC and figure out how to bypass the MT. Just know BB will not hook up the remote start on a MT unless you know the guy. Liability and all that. Independent shop will though if you have a local Compustar dealer/installer. I’m sure there is videos on this on YT.

· Registered
GRC Core, IS300, Civic Sport 1.5T
54 Posts
I will be adding a front + rear dash cam for my car. Viofo gang.

I know this isn't an anti theft device in particular but, I am surprised that no one talks about how good the Remote Connect Toyota app is for location tracking the car (and other features).
It is a paid service but you get one year free with the car.
I actually like this app, some of the cool features are: the remote control of locks, horn, and lights. Vehicle Status and exact location, so you can track if a mechanic or detail shop guy is driving your GRC and where. Valet mode has tracking limits you can set and the car will notify you if it hits one of these limits.
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Automotive lighting
Vehicle Automotive lighting Motor vehicle Automotive tire Bumper
Tire Wheel Vehicle Automotive lighting Car
Grey Font Screenshot Gadget Electronic device

· Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver + 2023 Toyota GR Corolla | Ice Cap
340 Posts

I know this isn't an anti theft device in particular but, I am surprised that no one talks about how good the Remote Connect Toyota app is for location tracking the car (and other features).
I actually like this app, some of the cool features are: the remote control of locks, horn, and lights. Vehicle Status and exact location, so you can track if a mechanic or detail shop guy is driving your GRC and where. Valet mode has tracking limits you can set and the car will notify you if it hits one of these limits.
View attachment 5760 View attachment 5761 View attachment 5757 View attachment 5759 View attachment 5753
Viofo Gang checking in! :ROFLMAO:

I run their 2K system in our Sienna. Good quality and video image.

· Registered
222 Posts

View attachment 5760 View attachment 5761 View attachment 5757 View attachment 5759 View attachment 5753
Yeah, I may actually sub to this app next year to continue these features. We'll see how the year goes

· Registered
353 Posts
Dealer conned me in to doing some sort of Glass Etching? Into the windows on the car. So thats one way of prevention I suppose. I say conned because they did it as soon as they got the car, and when I said I didnt want it they said we do that for all our cars. And apparently it was only $249.99. They didnt throw in wheel locks though? And the dealer didnt have any in stock yet.

· Registered
622 Posts
Just picked up the BlackVue DR900X-2CH IR Plus (Cabin View) 4K Dash. Going to hardwire so it can operate while parking. I wanted to make a post about the install when taking delivery in February. Nothing on the plate yet. Might go 4 CH for the left and right.
Yes, please post your install process. I would greatly appreciate it. I will be installing a dash cam in mine eventually.

· Registered
84 Posts
Yes, please post your install process. I would greatly appreciate it. I will be installing a dash cam in mine eventually.
I am not electrically inclined so I am hoping this targets a group who wants a dash cam set up but really has no idea how to go about it. The most "difficult" part I believe is locating the correct fuses to use.

· Registered
8 Posts
I just put in a NextBase 622GW, but haven’t installed the rear camera yet. It’s fine. I didn’t tuck the wire because I feel like I’d mess up the headliner. Trying this for a few months but eventually going to get the Ring car dash cam. It’s cheaper than the NextBase at $200, even though it’s only 1080p. I just want the surveillance if someone messes with the car. Maybe I’ll use both devices. Price will go up by $50 in February.

Introducing Ring Car Cam – Dash cam with dual-facing HD cameras, Live View, Two-Way Talk, and motion detection https://a.co/d/eKtdlo1

1 - 16 of 16 Posts