Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 67 Posts

·
Registered
08 STI / 85 CB650SC Nighthawk (kinda cafe)
104 Posts
I’m gonna buy it without trade in, and most likely sell my STI privately after. I want to make sure I absolutely love the GRC before I sell my car, because the STI hatchbacks are getting much harder to find in good condition. I might be dumb and keep both. ¯\(ツ)

·
Registered
17 Posts
The idea is to swap it out with my Mazdaspeed3, but I might keep the Mazda for a bit for winter and track use. Or maybe swap the Mazda for a designated winter beater to keep corrosion down on the GRC.

·
Registered
2021 Corvette C8
48 Posts
It will be fourth car in the family. I am saving my current oldest SUV for my son as his first vehicle and use this as my work commute car part time. No trade in. Probably either buy outright or company lease. Whichever makes more financial sense.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I wanted to like this car, but it was so decontented compared to sport touring/ex-l civics or even the Canadian market Si.
I agree with you. I bought a new GTI earlier this year and it had so many issues I sold it. I needed a car to drive until the Corolla arrives so I bought the Civic. It’s a nice solid car but honestly nothing exciting about it.
On a side note I have an RS3 on order but the dealership said at least a year before it arrives.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Gonna garage queen it. JK LOL. Buying it as my second. Holding onto my 250k mile 09’ yota highlander hybrid. That thing will easily pass 300k miles so I plan on using it for hauling larger things / driving a lotta friends around. GRC CE will become the daily

·
Registered
98 Posts
Here in Canada when you trade in your car and buy a new car, you only pay sales tax on the difference between the new car price and your trade in value.
Is that the same in the USA?
I don’t know about other states but in California you still pay sales tax on the sale price of the vehicle regardless of trade-in.

This also means you pay sales tax from the mark-up. Even more of a dagger.

·
Banned
188 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I don’t know about other states but in California you still pay sales tax on the sale price of the vehicle regardless of trade-in.

This also means you pay sales tax from the mark-up. Even more of a dagger.
That doesn't seem right or fair as you have already paid sales tax once on the trade in.
I'm glad I get sales tax credit on my trade in or otherwise I would sell it privately.

1 - 20 of 67 Posts