Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
211 Posts
Glad to finally see discussion of this, hope they are generous on the availability dates as I'm going to have to drive over mountain passes to get to any likely tracks. Snow tires on track or track tires on snow aren't gonna cut it.
Luckily there's plenty of room with the rear seats folded for a second set of wheels, a jack, jack stands, torque wrench, etc.

· Registered
211 Posts
I have the freebie track day from my GR86 lined up in June at summit point and was wondering about that - if they try to keep all the Yota buyers together.

The plan is for my wife to take the GRC out for its track day. I was initially thinking for us to do the same day but more I think about it definitely best to do separate 😬
I did the same event (NASA Mid Atlantic June Joust) last year and they just lumped all of the GR guys into HPDE1. It was 4 proper lapping sessions with an instructor, point-by passing, and classroom instruction interspersed. Hopefully they run it the same way this year, a friend of mine did his at NJMP run by NASA North East and it was just 3 sessions of boring lead-follow.

· Registered
211 Posts
From Toyota last year:

"While the vehicle’s warranty excludes damage that results from activities such as misuse and racing, simply participating in National Auto Sport Association (NASA) High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) or similar NASA instructional events provided complimentary to GR owners would not, in and of itself, void the warranty. Warranty claims are evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

· Registered
211 Posts
Yeah, a money shift is still a money shift, but as long as it's not a competitive/timed event (autocross is timed unless it's a test and tune event or something, so proceed with caution), you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts