Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
517 Posts
I raced motorcycles at Gingerman when it first opened back in the mid 90s. There was absolutely nothing there, so the wind would absolutely HOWL through there! It was like a dust bowl. There wasn't even much grass yet. I remember one guy who used a few toolboxes to anchor his canopy. The wind picked up and threw the whole enchilada out into the middle of pit road. We were out there 15 minutes picking up sockets out of the pit lane. His canopy was destroyed. I haven't been there in at least 25 years, but I remember it being a cool track. I'm anxious to look at the track list. Lord knows I've been to a bunch of them.

· Registered
517 Posts
Just saw that too!
I did a track day there once with KTM. It was some of the best money I ever spent! It was a fly and ride event. For $275 bucks, you showed up with all your riding gear and got to flog their RC8 all day long around mid Ohio. It was absolutely awesome! I would do it again in a heartbeat if they offered another one of those.

· Registered
517 Posts
From Toyota last year:

"While the vehicle’s warranty excludes damage that results from activities such as misuse and racing, simply participating in National Auto Sport Association (NASA) High Performance Driving Events (HPDE) or similar NASA instructional events provided complimentary to GR owners would not, in and of itself, void the warranty. Warranty claims are evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

Absolutely correct. But still, if you accidentally back-shift it at redline and scatter it, it's going to be on you.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts