Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

The Start of Big Corp Manufacturers Going Direct Sales?

3K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  gazoo 
so it’s important to note this is specifically for electric vehicles. There are laws on the books in most (if not every) states that says cars can be only ordered through a dealer. There is, however, an exception for electric vehicle manufacturers. This is why Tesla can sell direct to consumer. If I’m not mistaken Ford is planning on creating a sub company called ford blue (or something like that, I saw it on the bronco6g forum a while back) in order to do this.
You're right. Ford Motors split into Ford Blue and Ford Model E. Ford Blue is the new Ford Motors. Ford Model E is the EV company. Which is how they're sideskirting dealerships. Using Model E to sell EVs means no more dealerships.

I can only hope this will trickle into standard cars, but lobbying and corporate money makes that a very unlikely scenario.

Again, I encourage people to get into their local politics, follow the money and vote accordingly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.