Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Maybe August is the new release time frame for the Cores? 馃槼

I wonder if the Supersonic Red Core will be there also?

I'll have some questions for Bo when I see the car in person.

Registered
Couple things I noticed in the video

The shifter was signed "Akio Toyoda", rather than "Morizo" we saw at the launch event?

He did confirm the roof is a wrap. I remember in another thread there were some discussions on if it really was a wrap or not.

Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty

The shifter was signed "Akio Toyoda", rather than "Morizo" we saw at the launch event?

He did confirm the roof is a wrap. I remember in another thread there were some discussions on if it really was a wrap or not.
This isn't surprising to me. It looks better than the Yaris's wrap. The surface of the forged carbon isn't smooth, also it protects the resin from yellowing due to UV radiation.

Super Moderator
This isn't surprising to me. It looks better than the Yaris's wrap. The surface of the forged carbon isn't smooth, also it protects the resin from yellowing due to UV radiation.
Makes sense... I know I'd be upset if I spent the extra on a CF roof, just for the Alabama sun to turn it yellow.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Those are good catches. If that guy is present next weekend I'll ask him some questions to see if he is full of it or sounds like he's informed.

I'm not convinced "hitting the streets this summer" equates to press driving days, as those phrases aren't usually used interchangeably. Or he could be full of it?

Super Moderator
Those are good catches. If that guy is present next weekend I'll ask him some questions to see if he is full of it or sounds like he's informed.

I'm not convinced "hitting the streets this summer" equates to press driving days, as those phrases aren't usually used interchangeably. Or he could be full of it?
We had a recent thread where someone caught the GR Corolla being test driven around in TX. Could be that they're considering that as "hitting the streets"?

I'm more inclined to think you're right on the second option, though.

Registered
To be fair, summer ends September 22nd. The GRC is expected to hit the EAST coast (via the NY region leak) in October. If that October estimate is early October, the GRC themselves would likely hit the WEST coast much earlier and could very well be "summer".

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300

The Akio signed shifter is a prototype and the roof was most likely wrapped to show the carbon roof without using the carbon for a prototype display

Registered
He did mention the dash will be digital... 100%? or will it have a mixed digital and analog? would be nice to have an actual tach, and digital stuff around that, ala Ferrari.

Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
From whats being told by all the reviewers from reveal, full digital with a few different configurations.

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1 - 20 of 30 Posts