Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
My dealership's policy is that the deposit is refundable after a test drive, which I am grateful for. The only thing that might keep me from trading my GR86 is ergonomics, and a test drive would be even better than just sitting in the car to decide if it will work for me.

The standard E210 hatch I briefly leased (they were $139/mo with $2249 down at one point, and I sold it for a small profit after 4 months when my job went permanently remote) was fine for short trips, but the flat seat bottom and weirdly close dead pedal aggravated my arthritic knee after 30-45 minutes.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
My dealership's policy is that the deposit is refundable after a test drive, which I am grateful for. The only thing that might keep me from trading my GR86 is ergonomics, and a test drive would be even better than just sitting in the car to decide if it will work for me.

The standard E210 hatch I briefly leased (they were $139/mo with $2249 down at one point, and I sold it for a small profit after 4 months when my job went permanently remote) was fine for short trips, but the flat seat bottom and weirdly close dead pedal aggravated my arthritic knee after 30-45 minutes.
It’s the same thing as the regular Corolla hatch per @Guff who attended the event man.

·
Registered
28 Posts
It’s the same thing as the regular Corolla hatch per @Guff who attended the event man.
I know the dead pedal is the same, but the seat bottom looks to be much taller in the front, so I'm hoping there's enough thigh support to alleviate pressure on the knee. If it's anything like a Recaro seat in a Ford ST car, I'll be fine.

EDIT: Actually, you're right, they look about the same. I'm going to have to play with the seat adjustments a lot before I can commit, it seems.
Car Hood Motor vehicle Automotive design Vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Car seat cover Steering part

·
Registered
36 Posts
During the last ride along the cars were understeering and people were saying “you can feel the car rotate like a RWD car.” Lmao
There were two cars, one was a Circuit that according to the dash display appeared to be running in "standard" mode on the normal PS4S tires. Then they had a Morizo out there running on Cup2s in track mode. Probably on purpose to make the Morizo look like a standout but in some of the videos you can definitely tell the Circuit is running on cooked tires and understeering like a hog.

·
Super Moderator
1,994 Posts
There were two cars, one was a Circuit that according to the dash display appeared to be running in "standard" mode on the normal PS4S tires. Then they had a Morizo out there running on Cup2s in track mode. Probably on purpose to make the Morizo look like a standout but in some of the videos you can definitely tell the Circuit is running on cooked tires and understeering like a hog.
That’s what I’m saying. Even Ryan Tuerck pointed that out but the journalists kept saying it was rotating like a RWD when it was in fact understeering bad. That’s my only gripe about the upcoming drives… I can tell some of the journalists are laying it on thick and they definitely will during the first drive.

I think the car will drive great, but they tried to make it seem like it’s a 4 door Supra. Lol

The Morizo did look more agile though.

·
Registered
26 Posts
They could set up the press test drives like VW did:

“All of the Mk 8 GTIs made available to us were fitted with supremely sticky Bridgestone RE-71R summer tires in front and the factory Bridgestone Potenza S005 summer tires in back.”

That really cuts down the understeer.

·
Registered
14 FRS
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
That’s what I’m saying. Even Ryan Tuerck pointed that out but the journalists kept saying it was rotating like a RWD when it was in fact understeering bad. That’s my only gripe about the upcoming drives… I can tell some of the journalists are laying it on thick and they definitely will during the first drive.

I think the car will drive great, but they tried to make it seem like it’s a 4 door Supra. Lol

The Morizo did look more agile though.
Could be worse, they could have called the 30/70 power distribution "Drift Mode".

I will for sure miss driving a RWD platform but I think AWD is the best compromise for what I need out of a DD.

·
Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2003 Toyota Celica GT
34 Posts
No offence but your average driver with not be able to tell the difference between a CE and a Morizo. 100lbs is nothing and no rear seats just sucks may as just get a 2 seat sports car. Told my dealer that no way do I want a Morizo.
Agreed. You'll only reap the small benefits on the track and they're not really game changing changes either that "transform the car" in a major way. I think for your average driver Core or Circuit is the way to go.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Agreed. You'll only reap the small benefits on the track and they're not really game changing changes either that "transform the car" in a major way. I think for your average driver Core or Circuit is the way to go.
I just hope we are able to get some of the Morizo parts for the CE like the Seats, Steering Wheel, red seat belts and gear knob

·
Banned
940 Posts
If you need a step above the GR Corolla, the Morizo Edition is the one to get. Named after Akio Toyoda's racing alter ego, "Morizo," the Morizo Edition deletes the rear seat and gets 22 lb-ft more torque from its turbo triple from some software tuning, for a total of 295 lb-ft of torque. The rear seat speakers, window lifts, and rear wiper and wiper motor are nixed, too. All in all, the Morizo is the leanest GR Corolla you can get, saving about 100 pounds compared to the Circuit Edition.
You trolling right? Dude comes in here and makes his first post about the ME with info that we all knew upon it's reveal. 🤣 😂

·
Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
101 Posts
No offence but your average driver with not be able to tell the difference between a CE and a Morizo. 100lbs is nothing and no rear seats just sucks may as just get a 2 seat sports car. Told my dealer that no way do I want a Morizo.
90% of drivers aren't going to be able to tell the difference between a non performance package core and a Morizo. Does that mean that they should only offer the Core? Of course not. I'm fine with them offering the Morizo. Wouldn't work for me because I have 1 child, but it'll be perfect for someone and is a cool package overall.

21 - 39 of 39 Posts