Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,969 Posts
I honestly hope they do something fun for it if the reveal is on the 1st. Imagine if they had like shipping container that hid 2 cars and the one car was a gag car to do the reveal and the GRC was just behind that and drove out after the laughs

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I honestly hope they do something fun for it if the reveal is on the 1st. Imagine if they had like shipping container that hid 2 cars and the one car was a gag car to do the reveal and the GRC was just behind that and drove out after the laughs
Or just put it in 30:70 mode and drift that fucker around the entire track roasting tires the whole time...

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
I mean, Akio DID whip the GRMN Yaris and Yaris Rally1 around after the GRMN reveal so it would be killer to see him do that with the GRC
Would make sense if they did since they’re revealing it at a big drift event. Especially since old Corolla’s are synonymous with drifting.

The marketing of this car is going to be insane.

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
The Gazoo Racing camo is like a hype/sell point honestly. I remember when they had limited edition wrapping paper for sale after the Supra and Yaris reveals. 😂
Someone with a corolla hatch should get their car wrapped in GR camo with the GR-Four logo on the side and drive it around Toyota USA HQ up in Dallas.. Lmao

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I think it’s being shown privately.
That sucks! Then why even hype up a reveal at an actual event where there will be loads of spectators?
I mean just call all the journalists that you want to reveal the car to and do it privately somewhere out in the middle of nowhere to prevent any spy shots...
Ugghhh... Toyota really starting to piss me off..

·
Super Moderator
2,449 Posts
That sucks! Then why even hype up a reveal at an actual event where there will be loads of spectators?
I mean just call all the journalists that you want to reveal the car to and do it privately somewhere out in the middle of nowhere to prevent any spy shots...
We’re close man, just a little more to go.

·
Super Moderator
718 Posts
Tbf, Toyota has done very little hyping got this car so far. We're doing that to ourselves. Lol

1 - 20 of 103 Posts