Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
161 - 180 of 206 Posts

· Registered
21 Posts
Caution for everyone, I just went in to my dealership and I was told there's more added to the price even AFTER the dealer markup. WTF is going on with these dealerships?? I was told on top of the 60k "base price," taxes and fees PLUS other dealership BS is added on. Check the images sad
If I were you I would report this to a local consumer protection agency! Being charged EXTRA after a markup, tax, and fee has to be violating a law protecting you from this very thing!

· Registered
29 Posts
reposting from my post in the dealer updates thread, runnemede toyota in NJ

"I called up a dealer that I wasn't on the list at yesterday to check in on their allocation. Was told by an internet salesperson over the phone that I could take one of their incoming allocations for 'msrp and standard fees' and reserve it by going to the dealer and putting the deposit down. of course, when i got there, a different salesperson went off about ADM and how they sold the first one they got for 10K. i told them I wouldn't pay anything more than $1500 over, and even that's a stretch for me, they went to their manager and said there's no chance for anything under 5k over. i walked out."

· Registered
2017 VW GTI
75 Posts
Don't have picture proof but when I called Corwin Toyota in Boulder, CO, the guy told me $25K ADM.

• Wow
Reactions: Cptnslo

· Registered
22 Posts
Metro Toyota in Cleveland, OH

I’m #2 on their list and was told “MSRP Only” back in March 2022, but now that they’ve been allocated one, they’re adding a 10K ADM. Myself and the person ahead of me have passed
That's really disappointing to hear. I'm on their list as well, not entirely sure where but I visited the Saturday after the car was announced (on Thursday), so probably not too far behind you. They promised me MSRP but wouldn't give me anything in writing, stating that they hadn't had markups on any previous cars such as the Supra. I thought I had a good chance of getting the car but now I'm not so sure, it's the only dealership I put a deposit down at. And I don't intend to pay markups.

· Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver + 2023 Toyota GR Corolla | Ice Cap
340 Posts
Vehicle Font Motor vehicle Parallel Paper

I'm pretty sure we are getting (or maybe it's just me) to a stage where information is being shared among certain Toyota dealerships, for the lists they have on the GRC.

I got called from this dealership in San Antonio. As you can see the shenanigans were in full effect. $20,000 markup, to which I and the salesperson laughed. He mentioned their manager said it's priced this way because "every GRC sold so far has been over $15,000 in the US."

I said, "I'm guessing you know, as good as I do, that is not the case." He agreed.

However, I couldn't get how he got my information to call because I never inquired at this dealership. And the other dealership in San Antonio is also selling at $20,000 and that car is still there, last I remembered.

This is more of a heads-up for anyone trying to do business with Alamo Toyota and they may already have been on this list. But, just an FYI...

· Registered
3 Posts
San Francisco Toyota
Corolla GR Core
Supersonic Red
$1K - dealer installed scotch guard
$9k - dealer markup

Checked out the GR at SF Toyota today. They have one advertised on their website and window sticker for basically $10k markup over MSRP.

I was told that the sales manager doesn’t want to sell it but there is always a price that he would. And that they have had a lot of offers for $10k over the MSRP but declined.

so you’re telling me what you advertised and have on your window sticker doesn’t mean anything even when you’re price gouging your customers.

I call BS. Why so dishonest? 👎🏼

· Registered
21 Posts
View attachment 6046

I'm pretty sure we are getting (or maybe it's just me) to a stage where information is being shared among certain Toyota dealerships, for the lists they have on the GRC.

I got called from this dealership in San Antonio. As you can see the shenanigans were in full effect. $20,000 markup, to which I and the salesperson laughed. He mentioned their manager said it's priced this way because "every GRC sold so far has been over $15,000 in the US."

I said, "I'm guessing you know, as good as I do, that is not the case." He agreed.

However, I couldn't get how he got my information to call because I never inquired at this dealership. And the other dealership in San Antonio is also selling at $20,000 and that car is still there, last I remembered.

This is more of a heads-up for anyone trying to do business with Alamo Toyota and they may already have been on this list. But, just an FYI...
Didn't know "Dealer Installed Packages & Accessories" can cost over $20,000. What does this dealer give you with that $20k? A tune setup with all the fenders and bumpers of the car being carbon fiber instead of aluminum and plastic? Alamo Toyota isn't fooling anyone by retitling ADM with whatever they mean by "Dealer Installed" (And I bet you the only accessories they are giving you are floor matts and wheel locks). Probably the most dishonest and misleading dealer so far in this thread!

· Registered
93 Posts
San Francisco Toyota
Corolla GR Core
Supersonic Red
$1K - dealer installed scotch guard
$9k - dealer markup

Checked out the GR at SF Toyota today. They have one advertised on their website and window sticker for basically $10k markup over MSRP.

I was told that the sales manager doesn’t want to sell it but there is always a price that he would. And that they have had a lot of offers for $10k over the MSRP but declined.

so you’re telling me what you advertised and have on your window sticker doesn’t mean anything even when you’re price gouging your customers.

I call BS. Why so dishonest? 👎🏼
It is generating floor traffic. They want to sell it eventually but for now it’s a halo car to draw people to the showroom where they might buy something else.

· Registered
8 Posts
Victory Toyota San Bruno
222 San Bruno Ave E
San Bruno, CA 94066

They got a core black in two nights ago. Reached out to me and I went by yesterday at 430. Seller said they’ve had people with blank checks and offering 30k over but the car is still there. Want to know why? Because they are asking for 20K additional on top of msrp + packages + installs.

Core Black
Cold weather package
Performance package
Technology package
All weather floor liner
Roof rack cross bars
GR Corolla shift knob
frameless Homelink mirror
$20,000 dealer mark up

· Registered
4 Posts
Twin City Toyota
301 Autumn Ridge Dr.
Herculaneum, MO 63048

TLDR- $7,500 ADM on a GR Corolla Core

I put a deposit down back in June '22, and was 2nd in line. They received a Red Core with the common cold weather/performance/technology package we've been seeing. The first guy turned it down, so they offered it to me with a $7,500 ADM. I even asked if they'd even be willing to negotiate dropping the ADM to something reasonable like $1500 or less. All of a sudden the sales manager "forgot" they had an additional person ahead of me I and they'd have to get back to me. That person also turned it down and they weren't willing to budge on the ridiculous markup.

Shame, because I was referred to this dealership for their "great customer service."
The sales rep was actually really cool and I could tell she was frustrated with the situation, but her sales manager refused to budge on the ADM. I just had them refund my deposit and I'll take my business to Lou Fusz in the future.

· Registered
2 Posts
I've been lurking on these forums for about a year now and figured I have some contributions to this thread.

Rancho Santa Margarita, CA, 15k markup (core, white, all packages); Out the door ~61k (most likely sold but unsure)
Tustin, CA 20k markup (RSM dealership said that Tustin marked theirs up to 25k); sold
Envision Toyota of West Covina , 20k markup (not sold/claimed; should be delivered in about a month)

161 - 180 of 206 Posts