Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
81 - 97 of 97 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
I chatted with my local dealership after seeing a VIN on the allocation spreadsheet. Here is a copy of my chat transcript I had, and why I am calling them out:

Looks like the out the door number on this vehicle would be $64,879. This includes the markup on the vehicle.
Samantha B • 5 mins ago
We would not be able to sell this vehicle at MSRP
Samantha B • 4 mins ago

Oxmoor Toyota
Louisville, KY
MSRP: $40,048
ADM and fees: $24,879
Total cost: $64,879

Attachments

·
Registered
89 Posts
I chatted with my local dealership after seeing a VIN on the allocation spreadsheet. Here is a copy of my chat transcript I had, and why I am calling them out:

Looks like the out the door number on this vehicle would be $64,879. This includes the markup on the vehicle.
Samantha B • 5 mins ago
Samantha B • 4 mins ago

Oxmoor Toyota
Louisville, KY
Sounds very reasonable for a Corolla. You jumped all over this one , correct?

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
199 Posts

Samantha B • 5 mins ago
Samantha B • 4 mins ago

Oxmoor Toyota
Louisville, KY
I like how these dealerships talk about "not being able to sell" like their entire business structure is being held up by a car they didn't know existed about a year ago, but now... all teh sudden, "No way we can do MSRP... we have children to feed!!"

·
Registered
2 Posts
Corwin Toyota Conscienceless Pirates of Boulder —> $25,000 over MSRP

First, they were Larry Miller until a little over a year ago. Fantastic dealership. Supported all kinds of enthusiast groups (Land Cruiser club here). Employees all over who have worked there for decades. I always got the best price in CO right out of the gate. For example, a 2020 Corolla SE in October 2019 for $19,300 was their first quote ($23,400 MSRP).

Now the GR Corolla announcement, I am listening to it driving to the dealership. Talk to the manager. Give him my contact info. About two weeks pass and they call and tell me they want $10,000 up front to reserve one for $25,000 over MSRP.

I’ve bought 6 Toyotas at that place going back 30 years. I currently own 5. I do all my own maintenance and repair and spent a fair amount on Toyota parts. Just my Land Cruiser (326,000 miles) I have completely rebuilt the motor (at 276,000), put in bearing sets in the diffs, new birfields twice, just tons of parts. All with parts I ordered there.

That place is dead to me.

Now Mountain States in Westminster is doing MSRP but this list is too long.

BUT, Durango Toyota does only MSRP and they’ve been in constant contact and I’m #1 on the list.

Don’t give these a-holes markup.

81 - 97 of 97 Posts