Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 97 Posts

Registered
Take this as a sign that raising attention is working!! People/news are reaching out to dealerships about this trash. Keep it up!!

"According to that same spreadsheet, Mike Erdman Toyota of Cocoa, Florida is asking $10,000-$15,000 over MSRP. When reached over the phone, the dealership told Road & Track its GR Corollas would have a markup, but did not confirm numbers. The representative also told us it could waive the markup if the buyer financed through Toyota."

Registered
鈥21 Tundra - Cavalry Blue
Take this as a sign that raising attention is working!! People/news are reaching out to dealerships about this trash. Keep it up!!

"According to that same spreadsheet, Mike Erdman Toyota of Cocoa, Florida is asking $10,000-$15,000 over MSRP. When reached over the phone, the dealership told Road & Track its GR Corollas would have a markup, but did not confirm numbers. The representative also told us it could waive the markup if the buyer financed through Toyota."

Lol I bought my Tacoma from Mike Erdman back in the day

Banned
I'm speaking with a dealer in N FL and they haven't figured out if they're doing markups or how much they would mark up. They're going to get back to me about it, but 馃馃徏
To be on the safe side, if I were you I would go out and pick myself up some KY Jelly, because when they ask you to bend over, you don't really know how deep they're going to go.馃ぃ馃槈

Registered
Avoid: Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaithersburg. Or any dealership in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area for that matter. Koons, Fitzgerald, etc.

I had a signed PO from Fitzgerald for MSRP + $695 since February of this year, about a month before the car was officially announced. I checked in with them periodically and they insisted i'm first all the way through September 2022.

Last week I found out they got an allocation, and I think they finally realized this isn't an ordinary Corolla and they decided to sell it for $10k over as a 'used' vehicle.

The only reason I haven't left a Google review is in the slim hope that they will honor the agreement I've had now for 9 months. Leaving a bad review will most certainly burn that bridge for good. But I most certainly will once the initial car is sold to some sucker for $55k.

Registered
Avoid: Fitzgerald Toyota in Gaithersburg. Or any dealership in the DC, Maryland, Virginia area for that matter. Koons, Fitzgerald, etc.

I had a signed PO from Fitzgerald for MSRP + $695 since February of this year, about a month before the car was officially announced. I checked in with them periodically and they insisted i'm first all the way through September 2022.

Last week I found out they got an allocation, and I think they finally realized this isn't an ordinary Corolla and they decided to sell it for $10k over as a 'used' vehicle.

The only reason I haven't left a Google review is in the slim hope that they will honor the agreement I've had now for 9 months. Leaving a bad review will most certainly burn that bridge for good. But I most certainly will once the initial car is sold to some sucker for $55k.
You should just go in person with a printed PR, I mean it won't hurt..馃し馃徎

41 - 60 of 97 Posts