Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Stealership Thread (Dealers to avoid)

43577 Views 303 Replies 106 Participants Last post by  UT2004
We have a thread dedicated to normal dealers, it’s time to dedicate a thread to the ones to avoid.

Name and markups. Anything else you feel is a shady practice as well is welcome. Add some type of proof as well to avoid issues.

This can give buyers a chance to navigate the market better.
Reactions: 5
281 - 300 of 304 Posts
you may end up being 1st in line as I'll be taking delivery of a black core this friday from Karl Malone Toyota of Ruston, courtesy of @NolaPoizn. best part is that there is snow in the forecast!
Yessir! Glad I was able to help!
Reactions: 1
Be careful about Toyota of Goldsboro, NC. I bought a 2023 GR Corolla from Toyota of Goldsboro, NC in early February, when I was sitting at the desk the fiancé guy was running numbers on a sheet of paper in front of me. We both agreed I needed GAP insurance. He added the GAP insurance to the price of the car and showed me the new monthly numbers. He then printed out the papers and I signed them. He said I would get the GAP insurance from the credit union that has the loan. I got my paperwork from the credit union in the mail and wow I've got NO GAP insurance. Those people LIED and DECEIVED me telling me I had GAP insurance, increased the price of my car and never sold me any GAP insurance. Now of course this is my word against theirs but I would never buy a new car without GAP insurance, unless of course someone tricked me. I'm a working-class person, I work for what I have and to have someone LIE to me to STEAL my money just so you can get your bottom line is exactly what Toyota of Goldsboro, NC did.
See less See more
  • Helpful
Reactions: 2
Be careful about Toyota of Goldsboro, NC. I bought a 2023 GR Corolla from Toyota of Goldsboro, NC in early February, when I was sitting at the desk the fiancé guy was running numbers on a sheet of paper in front of me. We both agreed I needed GAP insurance. He added the GAP insurance to the price of the car and showed me the new monthly numbers. He then printed out the papers and I signed them. He said I would get the GAP insurance from the credit union that has the loan. I got my paperwork from the credit union in the mail and wow I've got NO GAP insurance. Those people LIED and DECEIVED me telling me I had GAP insurance, increased the price of my car and never sold me any GAP insurance. Now of course this is my word against theirs but I would never buy a new car without GAP insurance, unless of course someone tricked me. I'm a working-class person, I work for what I have and to have someone LIE to me to STEAL my money just so you can get your bottom line is exactly what Toyota of Goldsboro, NC did.
There is is a stealership thread which this post belongs to. Might want to use the search feature, also might want to introduce yourself properly seeing as how this is your first post.
Gap was sold by your lender/bank. I doubt they attempted to deceive you. You should follow up with your bank to get some clarification and not assume the dealer deceived you.
Wow, I finally found one….and BOY did I find one. The irony of finding this at this dealership is that I actually use to live near this Dealership 22 years ago, glad I bought my 2001 Prius (sold in 2021) from a different local dealership. These guys must be convinced they’ve won the lottery….definitely stand clear of TOYOTA OF GREENSBORO located in Greensboro, NC…..oh, and be sure to laugh in their general direction!🤣😂😆

Attachments

See less See more
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 4
Wow, I finally found one….and BOY did I find one. The irony of finding this at this dealership is that I actually use to live near this Dealership 22 years ago, glad I bought my 2001 Prius (sold in 2021) from a different local dealership. These guys must be convinced they’ve won the lottery….definitely stand clear of TOYOTA OF GREENSBORO located in Greensboro, NC…..oh, and be sure to laugh in their general direction!🤣😂😆
Lmao another one 😂😂😂 how are dealers charging more for the CE than the Morizo
  • Haha
lol 11.49 APR as well?!? Amazing.
  • Haha
Reactions: 3
Tf are these dealerships on?! Not even the Morizo!! 🤣😂

Big Toyota needs to remind these mf’ers that it’s still a COROLLA ffs!! Granted a fun, factory-go-fast one, but still a Corolla!!! Not a hand-built 1-of-10 Ferrari!!
  • Haha
Add Jack Taylor Alexandria Toyota to the list. I mentioned it in another thread, but they are charging $15k over for the incoming CE, plans to sell the Morizo on their showroom floor for $40k over. Was told this by the sales manager directly when I went in

A goddamn shame. This is a dealer that historically only charged MSRP on high demand enthusiast cars like the TRD Pro trucks and Supra's. They sold their first Core at MSRP - to a guy who's already flipped it

The Morizo currently on their showroom floor was a gift from Toyota for being an MSRP only dealer - I was surprised that one of the smaller dealerships in the DMV area got a Morizo. Now that they got it they've showed their true colors
  • Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 5
West Bury Toyota charges the Morizo $30k ADM.. $15k over for CE.
  • Haha
Add Jack Taylor Alexandria Toyota to the list. I mentioned it in another thread, but they are charging $15k over for the incoming CE, plans to sell the Morizo on their showroom floor for $40k over. Was told this by the sales manager directly when I went in

A goddamn shame. This is a dealer that historically only charged MSRP on high demand enthusiast cars like the TRD Pro trucks and Supra's. They sold their first Core at MSRP - to a guy who's already flipped it

The Morizo currently on their showroom floor was a gift from Toyota for being an MSRP only dealer - I was surprised that one of the smaller dealerships in the DMV area got a Morizo. Now that they got it they've showed their true colors
We need to be sure Toyota knows then. They no longer deserve the perks afforded to MSRP only dealerships for sure.
We need to be sure Toyota knows then. They no longer deserve the perks afforded to MSRP only dealerships for sure.
How do we inform them about it?
Kirkland Toyota was selling me the Circuit edition for $15k over

$10k ADM and $6k in mandatory addons that are at most worth about $1k
Sometimes they scan forums for their name to identify comments, sometimes there are inside people that are members. Was kind 0f hoping someone might have a link or something…
I'm just going to start one star reviewing any scum dealers I interact with on every platform that will let me leave a review.
I'm just going to start one star reviewing any scum dealers I interact with on every platform that will let me leave a review.
@NolaPoizn are you still searching for a GR still? You looking for core or ce or morizo?
Informing any car manufacturer that a dealer in their network, has bad practices will only get the same canned response about "customer service is our top priority...." blah, blah blah.

The real fight is in politics, but that's a long story on dealership networks and the billions of dollars they spend to remain in their world. And why they hate the Tesla model (though recent new electric cars are being introduced with this same sale model).

Just look at the wild stories from Ford forums for the Bronoco and the games they play... still hasn't stopped a single Ford dealership from getting Bronoco allocations.
@NolaPoizn are you still searching for a GR still? You looking for core or ce or morizo?
I'm waiting on circuit allocations to hit gulf states. For some reason we are the last of every region to get anything, probably because our ports are super far south.
Informing any car manufacturer that a dealer in their network, has bad practices will only get the same canned response about "customer service is our top priority...." blah, blah blah.

The real fight is in politics, but that's a long story on dealership networks and the billions of dollars they spend to remain in their world. And why they hate the Tesla model (though recent new electric cars are being introduced with this same sale model).

Just look at the wild stories from Ford forums for the Bronoco and the games they play... still hasn't stopped a single Ford dealership from getting Bronoco allocations.
Be that as it may, there are far more Bronco's than GR Corolla's, let alone Morizo editions. Never hurts to try
I'm waiting on circuit allocations to hit gulf states. For some reason, we are the last of every region to get anything, probably because our ports are super far south.
Hope you find a CE at MSRP in the Gulf states, it is next to impossible, all of them are asking at least $10-15k, especially in SE toyota area.
281 - 300 of 304 Posts