Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
181 - 200 of 206 Posts

· Registered
2005 Subaru STi
25 Posts
Toyota of Denton (DFW area)- has one in stock for $15k over. First several on the list who had an allocation/ reservation passed.
Bummer, I called them and a few other area dealers early April. No one ever called me, would take a deposit, or could maintain a list that was transparent to other employees or customers. The DFW area has been a complete waste of time trying to get in on a list etc. I called roughly every month to try and maintain a "spot" or something IDK, no point in having done that. I totally gave up on this method. FUck 15k though

· Registered
7 Posts
Reading all of this makes me wonder if the msrp was up without ADM, how would people view that? ie would they buy at high msrp as they were not getting 'screwed' by the dealer, or is it the total higher sticker price (w/o /ADM) get this same sort of reaction? ie would we even have this thread if sticker was 55k, for core a pp with sales at sticker, would people still buy it?

· Registered
116 Posts
Reading all of this makes me wonder if the msrp was up without ADM, how would people view that? ie would they buy at high msrp as they were not getting 'screwed' by the dealer, or is it the total higher sticker price (w/o /ADM) get this same sort of reaction? ie would we even have this thread if sticker was 55k, for core a pp with sales at sticker, would people still buy it?
I know I wouldn’t pay 55 K for a Core loaded. Depends on what the car is worth to You.

· Registered
9 Posts
Posted previously and have no documentation to back this up. Toyota of Selma California wants 20,000$ above MSRP. Not sure if its a Core, probably so. Doesn't really matter because as cool as these cars are, to me, their not 20,000 over cool. maybe not even 5. Anyway I want to see it in person and its been there a couple weeks, so apparently they haven't come off their ridiculous mark up.

· Registered
8 Posts
i wouldn’t even consider it because it would be priced unrealistically. People can talk about how the worth of a car varies per person, but that doesn’t justify making a dumb decision to pay 20K over, even if it was MSRP. The new cars within that range would expose it even further and you would likely see little to no interest until used ones hit the market at much lower prices.

· Registered
7 Posts
i wouldn’t even consider it because it would be priced unrealistically. People can talk about how the worth of a car varies per person, but that doesn’t justify making a dumb decision to pay 20K over, even if it was MSRP. The new cars within that range would expose it even further and you would likely see little to no interest until used ones hit the market at much lower prices.
That is where I am, lots of other options, but I was wonder how much the purchase decisions are being influenced by: 1) the ADM is the dealer openly screwing me, so I'm not paying, or 2) those specs are not worth 55k, but are worth 40k. ie is more an emotional, oh no you don't !, or a non-emotional valuation of the car.

· Registered
29 Posts
Personally, I would pay max $42,000 for one. That's just what I value it at. I'll likely value it less as time goes on, and my hype for the vehicle dies down.

· Super Moderator
3,264 Posts
Discussion Starter · #190 ·
When people say “it depends on the value to a specific person” that’s just someone trying to do all these mental gymnastics in accepting adm.

Reality is the manufacturer set a price because it covers the cost of materials, tech, performance, dealers etc. So the price is what they think it’s worth logistically speaking.

At the end of the day people want to be first. (Literally when cars came in people joined the forum saying “I have one of the first” and plug a youtube channel) They pay a premium on a car that they’re going to sell in a couple years anyways as soon as the hype goes away.

· Registered
7 Posts
I also factor in the opportunity costs associated with the any large payment. Two weeks ago I snapped up 30k of Vera stock after it tumbled 75% on one bad drug study. It has grown to over 50k as of Friday. So if I had decided to sink that $$ into ADM it costs me more than the 30k ADM, it would have cost me the 50k I have right now thanks to where I put the NOT ADM $$$. So just the opportuhity costs alone make me always try to buy for less, and waiting a few years, doesn't hurt me. I can be patient when it pays. I waited a few years to buy each of my bikes. Duke got 4k cheaper, Versys got 3k cheaper, Africa Twin, dropped $4,500 off mrsp. So it pays to be patient and watch your $$ grow. so patience saved $12,500 on bikesa, basically got one of the three bikes free because I waited. So I guess technically I could pay 50k now and it only cost me 30k + taxes on the short term gain. As I am patient, and have faith in Vera I'll let it grow into longterm gain and pay half the taxes.

· Registered
21 Posts
Doral Toyota in Southwest Miami-Dade

Decided to give them a call today and they have a white GR Corolla Core in transit that will arrive in about 3-5 days. MSRP is $38,236 and carries the performance package which is all I want. ADM is yet to be listed (I hope it doesn't). Asked how much the deposit to hold the car was. Guy on the phone puts me on hold to ask the sales manager. Guy then responds back after asking and tells me that the deposit is $5,000 NON-REFUNDABLE EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE PURCHASES THE CAR! Not worth the risk depositing only for someone else to purchase the car in full the same day it arrives.

And these Corollas have sold within 1 to 2 weeks after arriving at other dealerships. Toyota of North Miami had one in the showroom for two weeks before they took down the listing. Same for Kendall Toyota (I mentioned Kendall Toyota in an earlier post which had a red Core in the showroom for $55k with NO OPTIONS except for some dealer installed crap). Key West Toyota sold a black GR Corolla within the same week of arriving. Makes me wonder if these buyers at those other dealers (especially Kendall Toyota) bothered to fight the markups or just payed whatever the price was, inflating this Corolla even more! For anyone here even considering putting down a deposit, DON'T! None of these dealers care about us and are trying their hardest to sell a high demand one-off vehicle by Toyota for the highest price in the shortest amount of time! Same applies for other car manufacturers NO DEALER IS SAFE! The unlucky customer who spent some money for a deposit on a car that has already sold to somebody else is just a bonus to these bloodsucking sales reps. and managers!

· Registered
7 Posts
On the civic type R forum there is a tracker for cars, when I have spare momunets I email the all the dealers I already know have AMD, and become immediatley not interested when the ADM is mentioned. If lots of buyers to this, the name of the game is 'send in the clones', ie if 100 people inquire knowing there is ADM and decline, the dealer will think demand has softened. We have a bag of tricks as buyers that it is hard to get groups to use.,

· Registered
31 Posts
Doral Toyota in Southwest Miami-Dade

Decided to give them a call today and they have a white GR Corolla Core in transit that will arrive in about 3-5 days. MSRP is $38,236 and carries the performance package which is all I want. ADM is yet to be listed (I hope it doesn't). Asked how much the deposit to hold the car was. Guy on the phone puts me on hold to ask the sales manager. Guy then responds back after asking and tells me that the deposit is $5,000 NON-REFUNDABLE EVEN IF SOMEONE ELSE PURCHASES THE CAR! Not worth the risk depositing only for someone else to purchase the car in full the same day it arrives.

And these Corollas have sold within 1 to 2 weeks after arriving at other dealerships. Toyota of North Miami had one in the showroom for two weeks before they took down the listing. Same for Kendall Toyota (I mentioned Kendall Toyota in an earlier post which had a red Core in the showroom for $55k with NO OPTIONS except for some dealer installed crap). Key West Toyota sold a black GR Corolla within the same week of arriving. Makes me wonder if these buyers at those other dealers (especially Kendall Toyota) bothered to fight the markups or just payed whatever the price was, inflating this Corolla even more! For anyone here even considering putting down a deposit, DON'T! None of these dealers care about us and are trying their hardest to sell a high demand one-off vehicle by Toyota for the highest price in the shortest amount of time! Same applies for other car manufacturers NO DEALER IS SAFE! The unlucky customer who spent some money for a deposit on a car that has already sold to somebody else is just a bonus to these bloodsucking sales reps. and managers!
I was at Toyota of Deerfield Beach, the Red one with Performance was sold an hour before I arrive yesterday, the sales said they sold it for $8k ADM which is the highest as they been collecting highest bidder for 3 days. They also have $2500 dealer BS add on like tint, nitrogen fill tires and some BS stuff. Try Al Hendrickson they have $12k ADM on it and the car has Performance Package and still available. A few more dealer in South Florida has CORE coming, have you called?

· Registered
1,752 Posts
S
I was at Toyota of Deerfield Beach, the Red one with Performance was sold an hour before I arrive yesterday, the sales said they sold it for $8k ADM which is the highest as they been collecting highest bidder for 3 days. They also have $2500 dealer BS add on like tint, nitrogen fill tires and some BS stuff. Try Al Hendrickson they have $12k ADM on it and the car has Performance Package and still available. A few more dealer in South Florida has CORE coming, have you called?
So it’s basically about 10k over?

· Registered
21 Posts
Hopefully the $12k ADM in Al Hendrickson is enough to discourage anyone from buying it which would force them to lower ADM or even remove it. However even without ADM, $40,481 MSRP is a little too high for me and I am not willing to pay over $40,000 for the GR Corolla especially if it is only a Core. Also both Headquarter Toyota and West Kendall Toyota have a GR Corolla in transit. Palm Beach Toyota is also yet to receive one by February.

181 - 200 of 206 Posts