Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 32 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
2017 Lexus IS350, 2007 Toyota Camry, 1995 Toyota MR2, 1996 Honda Acty
477 Posts
The car I owned the longest was the Lincoln Mk VIII LSC that I had from like 2005 until 2019, when some absolute brainless idiot crashed their brand new SUV into a line of cars because texting is more important than controlling the 2.5 ton mobile death missile around others.
It had the softest, floatiest ride ever. It was quick enough, but definitely most anything was faster. But parts and support were slowly drying up, and I slowly stopped driving it over the years.

View attachment 3672
I forgot these things even existed!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Shortest: 6 months, Scion tC. Used it to help get rid of some bad debt.
Longest: Tie right now at seven years: S2000 and Noble. S2000 was sold back in 2015, purchased in 2008. Noble was purchased in 2015 and have had it since.

I've had 30 cars total. Currently have three.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Shortest: 6 months, Scion tC. Used it to help get rid of some bad debt.
Longest: Tie right now at seven years: S2000 and Noble. S2000 was sold back in 2015, purchased in 2008. Noble was purchased in 2015 and have had it since.

I've had 30 cars total. Currently have three.
Noble, I've always been interested in them.
Do you have the 400hp twin turbo V6?
Similar cars to Lotus Elise/Exige.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Technically my first car. 96 mustang GT. My dad was gracious enough to give myself and my sister a budget to get ourselves reliable cars to get us to work and school. This was my choice. Upon getting the car home, realized it was way too clean to drive in the northeast Ohio winters. So i purchased a beater ford explorer myself that year and have thankfully never had to drive the mustang in the salt.

Owned it 16 years now, has had many many mods and iterations over the years. Currently turbocharged (hence the username). Still has all the luxuries, air conditioning, cruise control, etc. This one will never leave the stable.

Wheel Tire Vehicle Window Car

·
Registered
55 Posts
I have terrible car ADHD and usually don't keep them for over a year (I'm at #16 in 9 years).

The longest I had a car was 2 years, and it was my 2018 Ford Fiesta ST (a deer took out another Fiesta ST before this one, so a combined 3 years of FiST ownership). It's the only car I ever factory ordered to my exact desired spec. I also got my brother in law to buy a yellow Focus ST that he loved until he and my sister needed a CUV for outdoorsy activities. Family gatherings looked ridiculous and I loved it.
Tire Automotive parking light Wheel Car Land vehicle

Really hoping the GR Corolla captures some of the magic that this little idiot machine had, but just in case it doesn't, I'm planning to trade my GR86 for one of the last new Veloster Ns next month. I doubt I'll get the call for a GRC allocation within a year anyway.

·
Super Moderator
725 Posts
I have terrible car ADHD and usually don't keep them for over a year (I'm at #16 in 9 years).

The longest I had a car was 2 years, and it was my 2018 Ford Fiesta ST (a deer took out another Fiesta ST before this one, so a combined 3 years of FiST ownership). It's the only car I ever factory ordered to my exact desired spec. I also got my brother in law to buy a yellow Focus ST that he loved until he and my sister needed a CUV for outdoorsy activities. Family gatherings looked ridiculous and I loved it.
View attachment 3788
Really hoping the GR Corolla captures some of the magic that this little idiot machine had, but just in case it doesn't, I'm planning to trade my GR86 for one of the last new Veloster Ns next month. I doubt I'll get the call for a GRC allocation within a year anyway.
I'm currently in a FoST. Never had the pleasure of driving a FiST, but dear god do I love this Focus. Ford managed to capture the essence of "driver feel" in a car. I'm hoping the GRC lives up to that.

Reactions: Dan

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·

View attachment 3788
I'm hoping it's a VN with a proper manual transmission. 😉
I also owned a Fiesta ST, was an amazing little hot hatch, and the Recaro seats were the best I've had.

·
Super Moderator
2,499 Posts

View attachment 3788
What’s wrong with the GR86?

·
Registered
55 Posts
I'm hoping it's a VN with a proper manual transmission. 😉
I also owned a Fiesta ST, was an amazing little hot hatch, and the Recaro seats were the best I've had.
Haha, I'm specifically after the DCT. I want to learn left foot braking before I get too old to form the requisite neural pathways, and not having to worry about clutching would help a lot. Hoping the timing works out and I can build the muscle memory for it over a few track days before trading into a GRC (if I even want to by then).

What’s wrong with the GR86?
Nothing really, but I just moved into my first house and the main intersection out of my neighborhood is pretty blind on both sides with cross traffic at 60mph. They really need to put a roundabout or traffic light there. Anyway, it's just become a bit of a nuisance having to launch/drift the car every day to pull out into traffic and being so low the the ground makes the blind crest even worse. I think sitting a bit higher off the ground and having more grip with turbo torque would be a godsend.

If the Veloster N wasn't discontinued, I'd probably let it go as well, but I have a deposit on one of the last Performance Blue ones at MSRP, I just have to drive 4 hours to the dealer to make the swap once it arrives in late October. It'll be pretty awkward if my Toyota dealer calls shortly after with a GR Corolla allocation, but they refuse to tell me my place in line other than, "I'm pretty sure you're in the first 10," so I'd be very surprised if it was sooner than this time next year when that happens.

I just want a nicer, more robust Fiesta ST experience again.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
Haha, I'm specifically after the DCT. I want to learn left foot braking before I get too old to form the requisite neural pathways, and not having to worry about clutching would help a lot. Hoping the timing works out and I can build the muscle memory for it over a few track days before trading into a GRC (if I even want to by then).

Nothing really, but I just moved into my first house and the main intersection out of my neighborhood is pretty blind on both sides with cross traffic at 60mph. They really need to put a roundabout or traffic light there. Anyway, it's just become a bit of a nuisance having to launch/drift the car every day to pull out into traffic and being so low the the ground makes the blind crest even worse. I think sitting a bit higher off the ground and having more grip with turbo torque would be a godsend.

If the Veloster N wasn't discontinued, I'd probably let it go as well, but I have a deposit on one of the last Performance Blue ones at MSRP, I just have to drive 4 hours to the dealer to make the swap once it arrives in late October. It'll be pretty awkward if my Toyota dealer calls shortly after with a GR Corolla allocation, but they refuse to tell me my place in line other than, "I'm pretty sure you're in the first 10," so I'd be very surprised if it was sooner than this time next year when that happens.

I just want a nicer, more robust Fiesta ST experience again.
I get so many compliments on my performance blue VN.
Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Automotive lighting

21 - 32 of 32 Posts