Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know what the smallest diameter wheel you can put on and still clear the caliper is? I would like to get a second set of wheels for my snow tires and some extra sidewall is nice. Also makes it nice when you go to do some SCCA style rallycross ;)

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,973 Posts
Depending on the wheel, people were able to get 17's on the Yaris but that's the smallest you could go before downsizing brakes so it should be the same. I'm planning on 215/50R17's for winter. Just watch your backspacing

·
Registered
6 Posts
Interesting @JimsGarageToys ...just noticing that. Those wouldn't work out to the same diam. I was just at the local dealership and the only Corolla hatch on the lot had 18's with tons...I mean tons of space between fr brakes and hub and fr brakes and rotors. I'm also wondering @robby_fd3s if 17's with 45 offset would work. I'd be willing to bet there is a Toyota 17 that would fit...

·
Registered
20 Posts
Front rotors are apparently 14in, so only slightly larger than my STI, where my 17s clear fairly easily. Same bolt pattern too.

If STI wheels fit the GRC, there are going to be a lot of very happy former Subaru owners.
As a current STI owner, OEM STI wheels will not fit since the wheels have a 56.1 center bore. The GR Yaris has a 60mm center bore, assuming the GRC will be the same

·
Registered
16 Posts
As a current STI owner, OEM STI wheels will not fit since the wheels have a 56.1 center bore. The GR Yaris has a 60mm center bore, assuming the GRC will be the same
Should clarify, I meant aftermarket STI-sized wheels, not the factory wheels.

AFAICT the only thing my Motegis will need is a different center adapter, as long as they clear the brakes.

edit: other thread is saying GRC is +30 offset, not +45 like the Yaris, so this is sounding less promising.

·
Registered
200 Posts
Interesting @JimsGarageToys ...just noticing that. Those wouldn't work out to the same diam. I was just at the local dealership and the only Corolla hatch on the lot had 18's with tons...I mean tons of space between fr brakes and hub and fr brakes and rotors. I'm also wondering @robby_fd3s if 17's with 45 offset would work. I'd be willing to bet there is a Toyota 17 that would fit...
A 215/50R17 would be the proper diameter for a winter tire.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Should clarify, I meant aftermarket STI-sized wheels, not the factory wheels.

AFAICT the only thing my Motegis will need is a different center adapter, as long as they clear the brakes.

edit: other thread is saying GRC is +30 offset, not +45 like the Yaris, so this is sounding less promising.
http://instagr.am/p/Ch3C1pIJbiL/
If you scroll over to the last photo in the linked post, it shows a +30 offset stamped into the Morizo edition wheels. The core and circuit don't get this exact wheel, but I think it's a safe bet that they'll have the same spec of wheel

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 winter tires? I've seen a lot of people in Europe use them for the GR Yaris and seems to be a great performance winter tire. These are also common in the 235/40/18 size, which would make it a great fit on the stock wheels for winter.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Does anyone have experience with the Michelin Pilot Alpin 5 winter tires? I've seen a lot of people in Europe use them for the GR Yaris and seems to be a great performance winter tire. These are also common in the 235/40/18 size, which would make it a great fit on the stock wheels for winter.
They are the highest rated performance winter tires, go for them if you don't mind the price.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,973 Posts
Really good winter tires, I'd reccomend them to anyone right next to the Bridgestone Blizzaks. Michelin made all the tires for WRC for years, you can put trust in the Alpins. I'd reccomend a skinnier, taller tire for winter but stock size should do you just fine

1 - 20 of 30 Posts