Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
746 Posts
Well a MR is a glaring hole in sports car line. Even GM has it!
Like I said in earlier posts, do it like the original MR2, just take the Corolla drivetrain (G16), block off the take off for the rear drive, and put it in back. Do it soon before EV takes over, but maybe its too late.

· Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
746 Posts
GR Camry. The need to use a revised Tundra V6 in a camry WITH AWD and MANUAL (also auto for people who can't drive). Cost 48-55k

GR MR2. One purest manual rwd model with the g16e-gts. Another with hybrid, awd and automatic (also needs to be a lot faster). Cost 32-45k

GR Supra. Revised heavily Tundra v6 engine, brand new chassis, manual and automatic DCT (hybrid option WITH more power and awd). Needs to weigh less than 3500/4000 lbs (base/hybrid), have over 400/550 hp (base/hybrid) and not have anything bmw. Cost 60-90k.

GR Celica. Use the gr86 chassis and drop in a rwd g16e-gts in it. Both manual and automatic versions (also possible awd hybrid automatic version). Cost 32-42k

GR Corolla. Same as is, revise with morizo gear set on all models. Revise cams/valve/valve springs for morizo to bump redline to 8k. Cost 37-52k.

GR Tacoma. Tundra v6 with 6 speed manual.

The hybrids need to add power directly to front wheels on the supra/mr2/celica and not connected to rear tires. I'm not sure how easy it would be to add power to another axle and still keep a manual transmission. Not seen anything like that, that I can remember. Otherwise, they'd have to be auto's.
Supra needs to remain an I6, they're so nice and smooth.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts