Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 78 Posts

· Registered
204 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Wheel Car Land vehicle Tire Vehicle

In North America Toyota already has the GR Corolla, GR Supra, and GR86 but if they wanted to I think they could add more models and sell them easily.

Maybe something like a GR version of the Tacoma and either have it as a performance off-roader or a street truck. Or maybe make a GR version of the Camry since they already make so aggressive looking.

Would anyone else want to see something like this? Or are the three models Toyota has enough?

· Registered
292 Posts
I think someone at Toyota said they had all the GR cars they want.

that being said, there's no reason that can't change. @Jeonsa hits it on the head pretty well, TRD has moved into the overlanding/off road market, which left a gap for GR to fill.

cars like the Kona N may get more popular, and there's no reason they wouldn't; a performance CUV gives even more for the tuner dad who has to placate a growing family to enjoy than a 4 door hatch.

a GR Corolla Cross could be really neat to see, it could help really start a subcompact crossover power struggle. I'm imagining a HRV Type R, a Crosstrek STI, etc. lol.

but yeah, a GR Prius to show that a hybrid can be fun to drive, that should be the move.

· Super Moderator
3,329 Posts
I think someone at Toyota said they had all the GR cars they want.

that being said, there's no reason that can't change. @Jeonsa hits it on the head pretty well, TRD has moved into the overlanding/off road market, which left a gap for GR to fill.

cars like the Kona N may get more popular, and there's no reason they wouldn't; a performance CUV gives even more for the tuner dad who has to placate a growing family to enjoy than a 4 door hatch.

a GR Corolla Cross could be really neat to see, it could help really start a subcompact crossover power struggle. I'm imagining a HRV Type R, a Crosstrek STI, etc. lol.
I can see that as well, these small little crossovers are just raised wagons anyways. The Kona N shows you can make it fun.

· Registered
292 Posts
my friends FIL races his Camry TRD at the AutoX.

he recently moved down to Houston, and the local group had no idea which class to put him in, so he races against M3s. lol.

· Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
273 Posts
I'd like to see something that fits in between the GR Corolla and the NA 2.0L Corolla. 2.5L hybrid (spec from Highlander/Sienna) or just a lower state of tune FWD G16 could fill that gap. Could also slap that in the sedan. I don't know if a GR Camry would make sense. There just seems to be an upper limit of what people will pay for a transverse drive train midsize sedan with a non-luxury badge. We haven't seen really anyone be successful in that market for some time.

· Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
537 Posts
I don't want them to make that purely because it'd make buying them/parts for them annoying lol.

· Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
756 Posts
Well a MR is a glaring hole in sports car line. Even GM has it!
Like I said in earlier posts, do it like the original MR2, just take the Corolla drivetrain (G16), block off the take off for the rear drive, and put it in back. Do it soon before EV takes over, but maybe its too late.

· Registered
651 Posts
Well a MR is a glaring hole in sports car line. Even GM has it!
Like I said in earlier posts, do it like the original MR2, just take the Corolla drivetrain (G16), block off the take off for the rear drive, and put it in back. Do it soon before EV takes over, but maybe its too late.
A modern MR2 with a G16 would be fantastic. You could snap oversteer faster than ever before!

1 - 20 of 78 Posts