Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
2016 Toyota 4Runner Trail Edition
91 Posts
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again. Drop the 240hp hybrid A25 from the Highlander/Sienna/NX 350h in the Corolla as a Corolla GR Sport between the CHB and the GRC. 45mpg on regular and it would be a high 5/low 6 to 60 car with the right hybrid tuning.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Not interested in a sedan version TBH. But the more the merrier I guess! Will make finding replacement parts a little easier that's for sure.
Same boat. I'm a hatchback fan and think most small cars look awkward in a sedan. That said, the more GRC's there are, the better. More junkyard parts, more likelihood of aftermarket support, better manufacturer support, etc etc. One thing I love so much about my ST is that Ford put this 2.0 EB in everything, so parts are plentiful and cheap.

·
Super Moderator
1,662 Posts
Same boat. I'm a hatchback fan and think most small cars look awkward in a sedan. That said, the more GRC's there are, the better. More junkyard parts, more likelihood of aftermarket support, better manufacturer support, etc etc. One thing I love so much about my ST is that Ford put this 2.0 EB in everything, so parts are plentiful and cheap.
If this sedan is a real possibility then this car will be around for awhile.

·
Super Moderator
539 Posts
Real question is, if you are CE or bust, would you consider a CE sedan if you aren't able to get a CE hatch? That's assuming the car is a reality and they release a CE sedan.
I'd be hard pressed to believe a CE sedan exists if for no other reason than the CF roof. They'd have to totally redesign it to fit the slopes of the sedan. If they did though, that increases the chances of me finding a CE hood.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Real question is, if you are CE or bust, would you consider a CE sedan if you aren't able to get a CE hatch? That's assuming the car is a reality and they release a CE sedan.
I am CE or bust, would absolutely consider that but as stated I like the sedan possibly more then the hatch depending on how it comes out.

However, practicality wise I'd probably still lean more towards the hatch if possible. There is no doubt in my mind that the hatch will be more popular then the sedan if it comes to fruition.

·
Registered
125 Posts
I’m more of a hatchback/wagon fan, so I’d still go for the hatchback given the choice between the two, all else equal.
It looks like the weights from hatchback/sedan are pretty much the same so no advantage either way there. Wheelbase on the sedan is a bit longer though.

·
Registered
727 Posts
I'd be hard pressed to believe a CE sedan exists if for no other reason than the CF roof. They'd have to totally redesign it to fit the slopes of the sedan. If they did though, that increases the chances of me finding a CE hood.
I mean not really. It would be CF roof and bulged/vented hood. Dont think you have to worry about slopes of the sedan, the front ends if the hatch and sedan are the same. They would just have to redesign a larger rear spoiler for the sedan.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.