Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited by Moderator)
So for the past two years I’ve been watching the values of S2000s rise and rise. I saw the rise from 22k getting people mint S2000s all the way up to 22k getting you a ratty 200k mile example. But I guess now the pendulum is swinging back the other way. This S2000 has had a $9,000 price drop from its initial listing. I check back on it from time to time just to feel good about not entertaining dealerships in this current market.

Here

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I love these cars and understand why they're so sought after, but they went insane with the prices. As cool as it is, it was not worth 30k in today's era. Lol.
For real! 30k is known to me as “You could’ve bought an Elise for that money”. I’ve driven an S2K and it’s good but there’s no way I see it Being valued equal to a Lotus Elise.

The 2 cars basically serve the same purpose with the S2K being only barely more dailyable

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
2,123 Posts
I remember that CR with delivery mileage that sold for 200k on BAT. I’ve never driven a CR but is it really that much better than a standard S2K? One rough condition CR is valued pretty much at 2 clean normal S2K’s.
It's really just for the limited number specialness than anything and the chassis stiffening. You could definitely take a stock one and improve it for less

·
Registered
149 Posts
I paid 30k for my AP, brand new from the dealer, in 2005!
I bought my MY2007 NFR used in December 2008 for only $21,300. Only 4800 original miles. Crazy to think about it.o_O

I remember that CR with delivery mileage that sold for 200k on BAT. I’ve never driven a CR but is it really that much better than a standard S2K? One rough condition CR is valued pretty much at 2 clean normal S2K’s.
Not remotely. In fact at the time most S2000 owners/fans poo poo'd the CR. It's lack of upgrades/differentiation was a huge letdown. I still think it looks really dumb. The aero is functional, but barely. People that pay big money for CRs are the same fanbois that pay 5 figure dealer markups on CTRs.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Yes, AP1s in particular have come down, at least 10% from peak last year. We have a perfect low mileage one for sale right now and it's getting a lot less interest than our last two.

These things are somewhat cyclical as well as reliant on what the economy is doing.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts