Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The dealer I'm talking to said that Regional Pricing hasn't been set for the south East? I basically questioned if it would be over 40k and the equivalent of a shrug? I was hoping to get it for under 40 to make it a less risky decision? What is up with that? Anyone else get this response?

·
Registered
2014 Accord Coupe V6 Nav (manual), 2021 Corolla XSE HB (auto)
251 Posts
The dealer I'm talking to said that Regional Pricing hasn't been set for the south East? I basically questioned if it would be over 40k and the equivalent of a shrug? I was hoping to get it for under 40 to make it a less risky decision? What is up with that? Anyone else get this response?
Sounds like dealership collusion. Isn’t that illegal? Price setting…?

·
Registered
30 Posts
There shouldn't be "regional pricing". Sounds like their version of dealer mark-up.
Can only speak for Gulf States Toyota as mentioned by Squatting Pigeon but they have always had port installed “packages.” These become part of the invoice price for dealers and then passed on to the consumer. I would assume other regions have similar practices.

·
Registered
70 Posts
There are only two external distributors - Southeast Toyota ( Florida, Georgia, Alabama, North Carolina and South Carolina ) and Gulf States Toyota ( Arkansas, Louisiana, Mississippi, Oklahoma and Texas ).

Together they are the middle man for about 33% of Toyotas sold in the US.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts