Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hiya!

I drive a 2006 Corolla XRS, the last remotely "fast" corolla that Toyota sold in recent memory. It's my daily, and from my pfp, I rallycross it as well!

Needless to say, I am absolutely STOKED about the possibility of an AWD Hot Hatch Corolla. I see some familiar faces around here, but if we haven't met, hit me up on ig @rallycorolla! Some PNW rallycross shenanigans with my humble commuter are documented there.
Wheel Car Tire Land vehicle Vehicle

Super Moderator
Welcome!

I've considered plopping my Focus ST into the local fwd rallycross scene, but at 101,000 miles, I'm a bit hesitant, since I still need it to drive me to work the next Monday. Lol. I have been participating in Autocross though, which spins back up again in a week and a half.

Glad to have another member to speculate and spam the f5 button with us. :)

Banned
Welcome!

I've considered plopping my Focus ST into the local fwd rallycross scene, but at 101,000 miles, I'm a bit hesitant, since I still need it to drive me to work the next Monday. Lol. I have been participating in Autocross though, which spins back up again in a week and a half.

Glad to have another member to speculate and spam the f5 button with us. :)
Wait until you get your GRC then do it. Always best to track or race a secondary car. The redundancy is awesome too.

Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wait until you get your GRC then do it. Always best to track or race a secondary car. The redundancy is awesome too.
Tell that to me who drove 3 hours to a rallycross event, picked up a few rocks, and drove it back 馃槀. I'm relying on that famous Toyota reliability to get me home 馃挭

I'm definitely pushing my luck though. I'm going to start packing spares because those rocks really like getting in my bead!

Banned
Tell that to me who drove 3 hours to a rallycross event, picked up a few rocks, and drove it back 馃槀. I'm relying on that famous Toyota reliability to get me home 馃挭

I'm definitely pushing my luck though. I'm going to start packing spares because those rocks really like getting in my bead!
Been there brother. It鈥檚 so much better on a got damn trailer! You haven鈥檛 lived until you鈥檝e wadded one up on track, don鈥檛 have a way home 3 hours away nor know how you are going to get your property home to fix it. Never again!

Super Moderator
Hiya!

I drive a 2006 Corolla XRS, the last remotely "fast" corolla that Toyota sold in recent memory. It's my daily, and from my pfp, I rallycross it as well!

Needless to say, I am absolutely STOKED about the possibility of an AWD Hot Hatch Corolla. I see some familiar faces around here, but if we haven't met, hit me up on ig @rallycorolla! Some PNW rallycross shenanigans with my humble commuter are documented there.
View attachment 503
How鈥檚 the 2zz treating you? That鈥檚 how I got started tinkering with engines when I was in high school. 鉁婐煆

Registered
2006 Corolla XRS
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
How鈥檚 the 2zz treating you? That鈥檚 how I got started tinkering with engines when I was in high school. 鉁婐煆
It's got got timing chain cover gasket leak so that's fun 馃槄 But no, it's been really great! Love the little boost that the VVTL-I provides on the upper end, just wish the lift point was lower (but maybe that'll be solved with a tune...)

I dont have a good photo on my phone of my Rallyx Corolla

Rallyx is awesome fun!
I love the little roof scoop on it 馃槀

Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
It's got got timing chain cover gasket leak so that's fun 馃槄 But no, it's been really great! Love the little boost that the VVTL-I provides on the upper end, just wish the lift point was lower (but maybe that'll be solved with a tune...)

I love the little roof scoop on it 馃槀
its manual A/C, works pretty well actually! Here's a little better one, from before it was built out like how it is now, no roof a/c.
Tire Automotive parking light Land vehicle Wheel Vehicle

Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300

That was one of the funniest things when I went offroading with a big Jeep group 馃槀. 90% of them trailer'd their Wrangler but I drove my FJ there and back

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.