Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 20 of 68 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Core Edition will land sooner than Circuit Editions. I assume allocation for Core will be known sooner than Circuit as well.

So if dealers start calling their waitlist later this year saying (or lying) they will not be receiving Circuit Editions, but a Core is landing soon “take it or leave it”, how can we know for sure before accepting the Core Edition and forfeiting your place in line for a Circuit?

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
Core Edition will land sooner than Circuit Editions. I assume allocation for Core will be known sooner than Circuit as well.

So if dealers start calling their waitlist later this year saying (or lying) they will not be receiving Circuit Editions, but a Core is landing soon “take it or leave it”, how can we know for sure before accepting the Core Edition and forfeiting your place in line for a Circuit?
You honestly won’t. Lol.

But if you’re willing to be patient, you will get what you want.

All this “I HAVE TO HAVE IT FIRST” mentality makes the whole situation worst.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can wait, if they would eventually give me a Circuit Edition pre-VIN with delivery ETA on Dec 31 2023, I’ll wait.

But it’s hard to know if dealers are truly bluffing.

“Buy our Core Edition now or take your deposit back.” 😬

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
I can wait, if they would eventually give me a Circuit Edition pre-VIN with delivery ETA on Dec 31 2023, I’ll wait.

But it’s hard to know if dealers are truly bluffing.

“Buy our Core Edition now or take your deposit back.” 😬
It all depends, a big issue I see is employees wanting the car and cutting ahead of people. lol that's more a deciding factor on if you'll get a CE I think.

·
Registered
137 Posts
I'm on a waitlist at 8 dealers but if I get a loaded Core in white I'll buy it. I'll still be on the waitlist at 7 other dealers. If a Circuit Edition in white or Heavy Metal comes along later I'll make a decision at that point. If I'm happy with the white loaded Core I'll just keep it. If I want the Circuit Edition at that point I'll buy it and either sell the Core or also keep it miles on the CE lower. It all depends on what the prices end up being.

·
Registered
24 Posts
There are people out there who will gladly pay $5-7k over MSRP. I don't think dealers will even get a chance to make the phone call, unless they're marking it up 7-10k over and the car is sitting on the lot. Even then, they'll get a phone call from someone who has to have it no matter the cost, and it will be sold.
The ball is in the dealers court, every which way you look at it.. and the consumer is to blame.
We should set the price. Not them.
Pandemic or not, chip shortage or not- dealers are making 2-3k on every MSRP car. On top of my that they get incentives from the manufacturer. On top of that, they make tons of profit through the service department. On top of that, any dime over MSRP is just gravy for them.

I don't care how hot a commodity a car is- the consumer should set the tone and every car bought should be negotiated.

Instead, we have people willing to buy not 1, but 2 or 3 cars over MSRP, and then flipping them.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Unfortunately if you want one, nothing else we can do at this point except play the game. I would have hoped it would be a decently normal launch and it wouldnt be a crazy fight for a car, but I spent 2 days after the announcement calling around to >60 dealers to secure a spot. I was able to get on some non-deposit waitlists(will see how it turns out), and put a deposit down at one which shows a bit more seriousness to me. Some had huge markup, and some would not do waitlists or sell beyond 100mi of their dealership.

·
Banned
172 Posts
The CE is 1500 units only for US and Canada and literally a pipe dream. I've picked my 2 colors and packages I want and I'll stick to that. One thing I'm not going to do is pester my dealer with a bunch of bullshit questions and aggravation. Less is more in this regard.

·
Super Moderator
1,279 Posts
1 - 20 of 68 Posts