Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Ownership Discussion banner

Potential future accessories from Toyota

29K views 167 replies 39 participants last post by  ijuswannaride 
#1 ·
#7 ·
1 is the horizontal Spoiler that goes above the rear window, and I’m assuming the RRWindspoilercould either be the two vertical pieces on each side of the rear window, or could be a horizontal piece that goes above surface where the emblem is located.

the other window spoiler could just be black one window visors

#5 ·
That’s pretty exciting! Interested in seeing what the GR Corolla rear spoiler is. I doubt it will be the same as the circuit edition because that would interfere with aerodynamics of the front vents.

One other takeaway is that if a lot of these going to be port-installed options…this would drive MSRP’s up and a lot of Times dealers don’t let you configure the PIO’s.

We’ll be seeing MSRP’s in high 41s even low 42s.

#6 ·
That’s pretty exciting! Interested in seeing what the GR Corolla rear spoiler is. I doubt it will be the same as the circuit edition because that would interfere with aerodynamics of the front vents.

One other takeaway is that if a lot of these going to be port-installed options…this would drive MSRP’s up and a lot of Times dealers don’t let you configure the PIO’s.

We’ll be seeing MSRP’s in high 41s even low 42s.
SET will be even higher with all the crap they tack on at the port, lol. Mine was $40,028 after port installed options.

#20 ·
No interest in any of it sans an OEM wing if I end up having to settle for a Core. Aftermarket will trump all that stuff. Ohlins can’t come fast enough. I loathe drops, and spring kits and always go for full suspension since I’m not into image mods like drop, etc. Never rolled fenders, never will.

Intakes, it will take 5-6 companies making them and intake tests on dyno’s to figure out which are the best options. Best option, I doubt, will be OEM. Good for California and places like that which are strictly enforced so happy to see options for folks in that state.

#24 ·
Pricing to convert the core hood to a bulge and vented hood are as follows:
Bulged hood: $485
Left vent: $101
Right vent: $101
Left vent protector: $41
Right vent protector: $40
Total: $768 (add another $500-$1k for paint matching as I don't think the hoods come paint matched)

Would be a good deal if the hoods do indeed come paint matched. Otherwise you are looking at about $1500 to do the conversion, which is probably about the same price as an aftermarket carbon hood. I prefer the fit and finish of an OEM hood though.
View attachment 5477 View attachment 5478 View attachment 5479 View attachment 5480 View attachment 5481

#26 ·
Pricing to convert the core hood to a bulge and vented hood are as follows:
Bulged hood: $485
Left vent: $101
Right vent: $101
Left vent protector: $41
Right vent protector: $40
Total: $768 (add another $500-$1k for paint matching as I don't think the hoods come paint matched)

Would be a good deal if the hoods do indeed come paint matched. Otherwise you are looking at about $1500 to do the conversion, which is probably about the same price as an aftermarket carbon hood. I prefer the fit and finish of an OEM hood though.
View attachment 5477 View attachment 5478 View attachment 5479 View attachment 5480 View attachment 5481
Idk man that one guy said he could do it for under $200 :unsure:

#32 ·
How are people finding part numbers! Lol. I’m already on the path to not getting a CE but if I can just make the exterior like an overseas RZ model I’ll be happy. Ideally I may try to swing Morizo seats. I’ll see how far my employee discount on Toyota parts can get me lol.

#40 ·
@Cptnslo Product idea- downsized fob casing with more flexible ring attachment.
Or someone should post up an .STL for a slim fob case, and we'll print our own.

#68 · (Edited)
clear coat doesn't work like that lol
Gotta confess; I'm a powertrain guy and live on a gravel road. The car's going to be covered in beige dust in summer and whitish crust in winter, so I'm not up on exterior finishes much beyond Krylon, which does have a few that work like that!

Attachments