Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
61 - 80 of 127 Posts

Registered
You, sir, are paying entirely too much for your spray paint. 馃構
Well the 2k clear would be a majority of that cost. Those are rather large pieces which will require multiple coats of clear. The only place near me that sells it off the shelf has it priced at like $25/can. Figured 2 cans would barely be enough to lay down 2 decent coats, so I would opt for 3 cans. After taxes that's around $80 just for the clear. So the remaining $20 on 3 to 4 cans of gloss black sounds about right. 馃し

Registered
Well the 2k clear would be a majority of that cost. Those are rather large pieces which will require multiple coats of clear. The only place near me that sells it off the shelf has it priced at like $25/can. Figured 2 cans would barely be enough to lay down 2 decent coats, so I would opt for 3 cans. After taxes that's around $80 just for the clear. So the remaining $20 on 3 to 4 cans of gloss black sounds about right. 馃し
I'd think one can per panel would be sufficient, but I guess you just don't really know until you lay it on. Certainly you'd want to shoot a coat from each direction with all those little openings.

Registered
clear coat doesn't work like that lol
Gotta confess; I'm a powertrain guy and live on a gravel road. The car's going to be covered in beige dust in summer and whitish crust in winter, so I'm not up on exterior finishes much beyond Krylon, which does have a few that work like that!

Attachments

Registered
It's Dave, and yes I can/did. It's a lot of part numbers. I'll assume seat backs and seat cushions. Front and rear? Red stitching or gray stitching? With or without seat heaters? Let's narrow the field a bit. 馃槈
Yes to seat backs and seat cushions. Front mainly but rear as well. Red stitching please, as I believe the gray stiching is related to the core seats. With and w/o seat heaters.

Registered
Yes to seat backs and seat cushions. Front mainly but rear as well. Red stitching please, as I believe the gray stiching is related to the core seats. With and w/o seat heaters.
Woof. That's a lot of part numbers. I'll work on it tomorrow. Ya know, if your car already comes with seat heaters, there's no sense in paying for them twice, just transfer them over. You just use a price tag gun. You can buy them at like hobby lobby or Joann fabrics for about ten bucks. Did them all the time.

Tool Bumper Automotive exterior Electric blue Auto part

Registered
Hmm, the part numbers would suggest otherwise. For example, when I click on a LF seatback cover, I get numbers for black with gray trim, with and without seat heater, high grade package suede black/gray with and without seat heaters and high grade package suede black/red with and without seat heaters.

Registered
Hmm, the part numbers would suggest otherwise. For example, when I click on a LF seatback cover, I get numbers for black with gray trim, with and without seat heater, high grade package suede black/gray with and without seat heaters and high grade package suede black/red with and without seat covers.
I believe the JDM spec RZ trim (basically their core trim) got same seats as our circuit (so high grade package), but came standard with gray stitching and red stitching was optional.

Registered
I believe the JDM spec RZ trim (basically their core trim) got same seats as our circuit (so high grade package), but came standard with gray stitching and red stitching was optional.
Fair enough. So, suede with red stitching all around, and with and without seat heaters. You just might might owe me a 4-pack for this. A nice Imperial Stout or Russian Imperial will suffice. 馃榿 I haven't had Flying Dog Gonzo in quite awhile!

61 - 80 of 127 Posts