• Yes

Votes: 44 68.8%
  • No

Votes: 20 31.3%
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
383 Posts
Getting it wrapped on day 1, then working with a suspension company to design coil overs for it. Following that, I am trying to find a local company that designs aero to get a unique take for a wing and hopefully tune the car once tunes become available.
Bolt-ons may have to wait till next year unless I get some for of sponsorship for it.

Edit: Also looking for exhaust options. I gotta bother my neighbours just a little bit.

· Registered
29 Posts
Quality dampers either full coilovers or strut spring combo depending on product developments. Wheels and tires, considering rally inspired 18x8 for narrower contact patch and more fun, then conservative bolt on and tune, with durability and reliability the priority. May add a set of quality seats down the line. Other small things like steering wheel spacer, etc.

· Registered
218 Posts
Mostly stock, just a few little tweaks for personalization, not performance

I'm definitely leaving the drivetrain totally stock. 25psi of boost and 300HP from 100 cubic inches seems stressed enough to me.

Debadge- will remove "COROLLA" emblem, possibly the GR emblems, too.

Probably PPF on some vulnerable spots, rockers, behind wheels, mirrors, etc.

Probably add armrest, maybe removeable if needed for autox etc.

Possibly eliminate the center exhaust.

Probably larger fog or driving lights if they'll fit recessed in the grill.

New wheels- silver Enkei TS10's with 245/40 DWS all seasons for year round street driving.
245/40 RE71RS on oem wheels for autox/track.

Replacing oem red calipers with oem black calipers.

Maybe different brake pads.

Some kinda spare tire (and jack, etc.)

Different shift knob, not one of the GR ones.

Replace all incandescent bulbs with LEDs.

· Registered
623 Posts
Extensively. Ohlins dampers and whatever else suspension mods necessary to create oversteer. Brake upgrades, new turbo, and whatever engine mods necessary to support. Want 400-425 whp. Winter wheels and track wheels but OEM size as 235/40/18’s are excellently priced, common availability, lots of tire choice. No interest in stances, or cosmetic mods for looks. All go, no show.

· Registered
2004 Toyota Matrix XRS, 2003 Toyota Celica GT
57 Posts
Oh wow I'm the first no hahaha. Maybe swapping out the seats and wheels a couple years from now with ones from the Morizo and RZ grades respectively is where I draw the line along with the brake cooling ducts. I don't need to stand out anymore than I would. I always have people wanting to race me when I drive my Celica or grandmother's 86. A little irritating when I'm just trying to get home after a long day lol.

· Registered
1,888 Posts
Yes,
Exterior: bigger carbon roof wang, carbon mid wang, and full carbon lip kit (if CE) or CE hood, big carbon roof wang, carbon mid wang, and full carbon lip kit (if not CE)
Interior: nothing (if CE) or Katskinz seat covers (if not CE)
Performance: Full bolt ons to max out the stock turbo (may look into getting a modded stock turbo for additional flow and to reach 400+whp), upgrade fuel system as needed, upgraded FMIC, and a tune (probably will just stick with FBO until factory warranty is expired)
Suspension: performance oriented coilovers and other performance suspension related mods.
Brakes: upgraded pads and fluid at first, and will upgrade accordingly after that
Wheels and tires: 17x10 or 18x9.5 Enkei RPF1 with 265/40 track oriented tires (Track setup)
18x9.5 forged quality JDM Wheels (Volks/Advan/Work/Enkei/etc.) with 255/35 tires (street setup)

· Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
383 Posts
Extensively. Ohlins dampers and whatever else suspension mods necessary to create oversteer. Brake upgrades, new turbo, and whatever engine mods necessary to support. Want 400-425 whp. Winter wheels and track wheels but OEM size as 235/40/18’s are excellently priced, common availability, lots of tire choice. No interest in stances, or cosmetic mods for looks. All go, no show.
I am kind of in the same boat, but I want to push as much reliable power as possible on the stock turbo. I am going for the whole kit and caboodle. I want to be fast and look good doing it. Hoping I can get to 300-350whp (may be unrealistic, but only time and tunes will tell). Not going for stance, but I do want a good fitment. I am running the stock wheels as my winter setup. I have 235/55/18 winter tires I got for super cheap so I can trash on it and not be guilty. For summer I have a 18x9.5 +35 wheel that I am fitting with 265/35/18 Zeknova SuperSport RS tires. They are very popular in the drift scene and extremely cheap and grippy. I am planning to go to the track at least once a month (more if time and wallet allow, track days aren't super cheap here).

· Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
537 Posts
Technically yes, but very, very mildly compared to what I would normally consider modified. The only things I'll be doing for sure are tinted rear windows, yellow vinyl on the fog lights, and front/rear dash cams. Eventually I might also do lowering springs, paint the wheels, some classic style livery, and intake & BOV for turbo noises.

I'd keep an eye out for skid plates, lift kits and brake downsizing kits to grab and hold onto just in case anything happens to my Celica and I need the GRC to take over TSD duty. Having owned a unicorn car before I know a lot of parts tend to only be made in small numbers and for a short time so I don't count on being able to buy it later on. I've been bitten by waiting before. So now if something comes up that I think I might eventually want I just grab it.

· Registered
1,787 Posts
Absolutely yes! Already working with some people for parts. I wanna get some baseline drag racing times then start modifying. I have a dyno I run at work so I can get baseline numbers and see what additional parts do and go from there. I have a drag and a track within 10 min of me so I’m fortunate in that regard.

· Registered
21 CTR
79 Posts
I plan on modifying. PPF and ceramic, maybe tint as well to start. Then mud flaps and eventually wheels and tires. I'll probably wait before doing anything like an intake, exhaust, tune etc. Make sure everything is solid before giving Toyota a reason to deny a warranty claim. I also plan to daily the car so I don't want to do too much to impact reliability.

· Registered
2 Posts
I don't plan on modifying it for a while. It's currently under warranty so I'm trying to not void that. Also most of my time and effort is now going into rebuilding my Mazda. I will be beating on my GRC daily to really get the most out of my warranty.

· Registered
2 Posts
Absolutely yes! Already working with some people for parts. I wanna get some baseline drag racing times then start modifying. I have a dyno I run at work so I can get baseline numbers and see what additional parts do and go from there. I have a drag and a track within 10 min of me so I’m fortunate in that regard.
What dyno numbers are you getting?

· Registered
13 Posts
Yes
This car will be on track a few times a year.
Performance: Tune once available (but maybe after warranty), intake, FMIC, exhaust, upgraded radiator, any other bolt-ons I can get
Suspension: currently working with a company for coilovers; other parts to stiffen up cornering ability
Brakes: working with a company for upgraded pads, rotors, steel lines; SRF; BBK when the time comes
Exterior: shave "Corolla" badge, bigger wing, floating roof wrap, PPF
Wheels/Tires: Track wheels (set of Morizo would be great if I get them 2nd hand) and tires (Toyo 888Rs or similar), set of summer wheels and tires (PS4S), stocks will be for winter
Plus any other mods that come to mind when I'm bored :)

· Registered
21 Posts
I would love too, not much though. Mostly looking at headers (if they will make some) and a full exhaust with probably hks air intake so I can hear my engine more, and probably just the CE wing but if you can’t get them I’ll wait for another aftermarket company to come out with one. Also maybe a wrap down the line depending how the white paint holds up.

· Registered
7 Posts
In all honesty, after I install my XSE hatch spoiler, and my morizo shift knob....I am keeping it stock. Maybe I'll do a gr or trd drop in air filter. But that will be all. I have already had my adventures with modding and tuning with my other cars, this seems perfectly set up for the way I will want to drive it in stock form.

· Registered
212 Posts
Leaving the powertrain alone for a change, at least through warranty. Should be quick enough as is.
Just doing livability things like Mudflaps, rustproofing, lower PPF, lighting upgrades, and maybe toss android 12 up on the OE screen for some gauges.
Oh, and the Toyota dealer says I need a new phone to use the Connect features.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts