Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Potential future owner, depending on how good it is.
Disappointed the Yaris didn't make it here, but if the GRC is just as good, if not better, then I'll take it. Basically looking at replacing my current autocross, runabout car (R53)

Anyways, it seems I need to make an intro post in order to post, unless I'm missing something.
  • Where are you from? Idaho
  • What's your current car? Yes
  • Project cars? gbody 911
  • What's your hobbies? Time Trials, Time Attack, Autocross, sending my SO's chihuahua to the moon program via helium balloons and rockets.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
615 Posts
I doubt it will be better than the GRY, but I have faith it will be good. It will undoubtly be heavier, no way around that unless they used even more aluminum and carbon, which is no way. And weight is the enemy of a performance vehicle. It will be more practical, it'll have usable rear seats with easy entry with the additional doors and more cargo space.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hopefully, when they finally hit dealers, I'll be able to test drive one before buying.

I don't expect it to be as light as the R53, but if it's lighter than the Mazda3 AWD turbo, I'll be ok with that.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Potential future owner, depending on how good it is.
Disappointed the Yaris didn't make it here, but if the GRC is just as good, if not better, then I'll take it. Basically looking at replacing my current autocross, runabout car (R53)

Anyways, it seems I need to make an intro post in order to post, unless I'm missing something.
  • Where are you from? Idaho
  • What's your current car? newest to oldest: S212 E63S, M400, R53
  • Project cars? gbody 911
  • What's your hobbies? Time Trials, Time Attack, Autocross, sending my SO's chihuahua to the moon program via helium balloons and rockets.
Welcome to the forum @Driven Will the GR Corolla replace one of your current cars or will it be an addition to the garage?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
It'd be replacing the R53 Mini Cooper I use for autocross duty.

And god I hope the GRC has the ridiculous hips that the GRY has. I'm no Kardashian fan, but would be properly amazing if the GRC has stupid wide rear fenders.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.