Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
What a clean ride! Far from my favorite to work on, but cool cars nonetheless.
Pain in the absolute rear to work on for an American car. This is my 2nd C4 Corvette. My last one was a Polo Green '96 and I hated changing the OptiSpark on that thing.

Reactions: TurboGT

·
Registered
204 Posts
Pain in the absolute rear to work on for an American car. This is my 2nd C4 Corvette. My last one was a Polo Green '96 and I hated changing the OptiSpark on that thing.
Yep! Don't roll that stupid timing cover seal either!

I put a GM hot cam in one. What a nightmare. Had to loosen the steering rack and remove the radiator/condenser and jack the engine up a tad to strategically get the cam swapped around the rack and mount area.

·
Registered
332 Posts
These are fun cars but a total pain to work on. My father in law has a ZR1, barely driven but it just has so many spots where oil can easily leak due to the engine design and it's always difficult to work on.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I own a 1990 C4 ZR-1, with 9k original miles. It’s all stock (except for maintenance items). Incredible car, especially considering it was designed in the mid/late 80s!!!! The LT5 quad cam engine was one of the, if not the, most advanced engines of its time. Plus most beautiful — no plastic covers no gaudy crap under the hood. Just all cast aluminum (that 16 runner/16 injector plenum is just !!!!! I love mine ❤
Hood Vehicle Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive design

Wheel Tire Vehicle Car Window

·
Registered
147 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I own a 1990 C4 ZR-1, with 9k original miles. It’s all stock (except for maintenance items). Incredible car, especially considering it was designed in the mid/late 80s!!!! The LT5 quad cam engine was one of the, if not the, most advanced engines of its time. Plus most beautiful — no plastic covers no gaudy crap under the hood. Just all cast aluminum (that 16 runner/16 injector plenum is just !!!!! I love mine ❤
View attachment 4200
View attachment 4201
That's my dream C4! That or the Grand Sport! They're just a bit out of my price range for a weekend car!

Reactions: d15b7
1 - 11 of 11 Posts