Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Seeing that the GRC seems to trend at 15k markup, I’m considering buying a used gr supra at 50-52k or a used Porsche Cayman. What do you guys think? Wait for the GRC or go with the other options considering the price is almost the same with markups?

·
Registered
2022 Toyota Sienna XSE | Celestial Silver
134 Posts
I have a wild list of cars I could own, so I can choose a completely different type of car outside of the GRC. And given what could transpire for the process of buying a GRC, I have a list in mind or just some ideas.

If I back away, or am met with entirely too much nonsense to waste my time on, I can wait. And if the waiting doesn't show any process, I can see myself importing a JDM classic.

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
455 Posts
I have a wild list of cars I could own, so I can choose a completely different type of car outside of the GRC. And given what could transpire for the process of buying a GRC, I have a list in mind or just some ideas.

If I back away, or am met with entirely too much nonsense to waste my time on, I can wait. And if the waiting doesn't show any process, I can see myself importing a JDM classic.
Same. It's the fun car/daily for me. Whether it's awd fwd rwd, 2 doors/4 doors, manual/auto, etc.

Seeing that the GRC seems to trend at 15k markup, I’m considering buying a used gr supra at 50-52k or a used Porsche Cayman. What do you guys think? Wait for the GRC or go with the other options considering the price is almost the same with markups?
If the markup is that high then yes I would look at rwd coupe options. They're significantly better drivers cars than any hot hatch would be, but hot hatch gives you a taste of that while also giving you usability. I need awd for the winter, so I sold my Supra to get into a GRC. Great car though, real fun on a circuit.

·
Banned
1,185 Posts
If you can wait, just wait a model year or two. Hopefully by then, the market will go back to where it was. Was scoffed at a few years ago to even pay MSRP for a vehicle, hopefully those times return.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
They’re totally different cars. Do you want the awd and a hatch with capability to seat more than 2? One is a rwd sports car while the other is a hot hatch.
Yes I understand they’re totally different cars. I’m just looking for a second car that’s fun and dailyable that I can track occasionally. Currently own a rav4. I have driven both the Supra and cayman already. Manual would be preferred but I’m ok with auto if I can get a good deal.

·
Super Moderator
825 Posts
Yes I understand they’re totally different cars. I’m just looking for a second car that’s fun and dailyable that I can track occasionally. Currently own a rav4. I have driven both the Supra and cayman already. Manual would be preferred but I’m ok with auto if I can get a good deal.
I hope you already got your answer. Closing this thread now. At the end of the day, it's your budget that will decide and your preferred car.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.