Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
41 - 60 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
In Canada the performance pack comes standard on the Core.
Performance pack does not come standard on Canadian Core, the LSDs do.
So the only differences are the bulging hood/scoops and carbon roof between Core and Circuit for Canadian market?
Circuit comes fully loaded with all "packages", plus the forged carbon roof, bulge hood, big spoiler (not shown yet), glossy black front grill / rear diffuser, Heavy Metal paint option, different seats, different color stitching, different shift knob.

·
Registered
60 Posts
I'm number 3 on the list.
I don't believe Canadian dealerships will be adding any adm, so will be selling at MSRP.
A number of reviewers have commented that they feel the Core with performance pack is the best deal among the 3 options.
If I get a Circuit allocation I will go for it, but most likely I'll be getting a Core.
In Canada the performance pack comes standard on the Core.
I heard Brimell took 5k over for a deposit. People are paying to move up the line.

I know someone who just knows the son of a dealership so he became first there also.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
130 Posts
I've asked two Toyota dealers in my area about placing an order and they both said no, they aren't taking any more orders. I kept calling other dealerships and finally one said that they aren't open to orders yet, but when they do, I'll be their first customer. I hope this holds true because that would make me first in line. I wasn't given any more details, so I really hope I get a call from them with good news soon!
As for some of you worried about buying a car before physically test driving it, when you place your deposit, that gets the order in. When the car arrives, you go see it and drive it and if you don't like it for whatever reason you can walk away and also get your deposit back. I know this first hand when I ordered my '21 4Runner TRD Pro last year, once it got here I had those two options. Of course I decided to buy it lol.
If you just put your name on the list, you are super late. I am surprised you are #1 at a dealer.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
130 Posts
Performance pack does not come standard on Canadian Core, the LSDs do.

Circuit comes fully loaded with all "packages", plus the forged carbon roof, bulge hood, big spoiler (not shown yet), glossy black front grill / rear diffuser, Heavy Metal paint option, different seats, different color stitching, different shift knob.
Don't forget heated steering wheel, limited edition shift knob, 1 year production run and apparently some vents will be blocked off for aero because of the wing.

·
Registered
47 Posts
If you just put your name on the list, you are super late. I am surprised you are #1 at a dealer.
It's nowhere near the GTA so maybe that's why, this dealer is out in the boonies and usually sells mostly their trucks and your average Corollas, so they will try to allocate one for me. Apparently I'm the first to inquire about the GRC, therefore I'm first in line. We'll see how true that is with time.

·
Banned
333 Posts
It's nowhere near the GTA so maybe that's why, this dealer is out in the boonies and usually sells mostly their trucks and your average Corollas, so they will try to allocate one for me. Apparently I'm the first to inquire about the GRC, therefore I'm first in line. We'll see how true that is with time.
Many of those hick town dealers will not see a single GR anything....Corolla, 86 or Supra.
Good luck with that.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Many of those hick town dealers will not see a single GR anything....Corolla, 86 or Supra.
Good luck with that.
They had two Supra's last year that I've seen, so there are chances of them coming through. Regardless I'd like to be positive seeing that they are my only option at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Alright, which one of you is this guy?

·
Banned
333 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
I'm not too surprised to see this already, and I bet more will follow, well a select few who can actually get their hands on one.

·
Registered
21 Posts
95K? A pretty gutty thing to post. Wonder if he'd like to keep the car but is wondering if there will be any takers at that price.

·
Registered
47 Posts
95K? A pretty gutty thing to post. Wonder if he'd like to keep the car but is wondering if there will be any takers at that price.
I messaged him about it, no reply. Could be fake for whatever reason. No I'm not going to pay 95k for it lol

·
Super Moderator
990 Posts
Discussion Starter · #55 ·
Hahahaha. I saw that long ago, I hope he doesn't get even one

·
Registered
12 Posts
I got my money on one at a high volume dealer in Ontario, but honestly don't really care if it pans out. The car will be a DD/ 2nd track slut car for me.

Too little information and hype with a poor launch execution has me considering spending more somewhere else, I have been looking at an M3 or M2 again.

·
Banned
452 Posts
I got my money on one at a high volume dealer in Ontario, but honestly don't really care if it pans out. The car will be a DD/ 2nd track slut car for me.

Too little information and hype with a poor launch execution has me considering spending more somewhere else, I have been looking at an M3 or M2 again.
I'd love to see BMW do another 1M coupe, significantly smaller than the new M2, with 400hp, manual transmission and awd would be a bonus.

·
Registered
1992 Toyota Paseo
130 Posts
I have been holding off reaching out to my dealer because I doubt there will be any updates, but I am wondering if any of my fellow Loonies got something I can obsess over for a bit with how the lack of information has been.

·
Registered
2 Posts
nothing since they asked order preference in late Sept. I haven't reached out since that time, and probably won't until I hear of allocations being awarded.

Trying to practice my patience. I'm good to wait unless something happens to our 11 year old Mini. Fingers crossed. :)

·
Registered
10 Posts
nothing since they asked order preference in late Sept. I haven't reached out since that time, and probably won't until I hear of allocations being awarded.

Trying to practice my patience. I'm good to wait unless something happens to our 11 year old Mini. Fingers crossed. :)
Same boat for me as far as information from the dealer. Looking like it'll be a small miracle to have a non-demo GRC in the country before 2023 😅

41 - 60 of 64 Posts