Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
There are only 20 Morizo's /year coming to Canada I heard, but I doubt many will pull the trigger here being that it is $60k LOL
I am debating if I 100% want the CE vs the Core, but I feel like doing the aftermarket mods may end up being more money (buying a hood, seats, and wing) than just getting the CE with the CF roof.
Where did you get that info that Canada has 20 Morizo?
I know $60k is crazy but you'd be surprised, some people have more money than brains.
Hmmmmm 馃槆

Registered
Dealer in my area should be putting in my order soon for a core :).

I was pretty dead set on a Circuit in heavy metal but with the MSRP being heavily above that of the core, LSDs included, and potential wait times of who knows how long it's a decent deal and will still be a kick-ass car and won't take you over 60k with taxes etc. I was really disappointed in the USD/CAD conversion, but looks like it was just a pipe dream to have a circuit for under 50k before tax :p.

Seems like there are no options to add any packages..looks like Canada doesn't get any options for any packages (the Canadian press releases have mentioned nothing about package options), so poverty spec it shall be for myself (as SavageGeese says :LOL:). Hopefully the steering wheel still retains some sort of controls as it does in the teaser pics!

Cheers 馃

Registered
2011 Volkswagen GTI
Dealer in my area should be putting in my order soon for a core :).

I was pretty dead set on a Circuit in heavy metal but with the MSRP being heavily above that of the core, LSDs included, and potential wait times of who knows how long it's a decent deal and will still be a kick-ass car and won't take you over 60k with taxes etc. I was really disappointed in the USD/CAD conversion, but looks like it was just a pipe dream to have a circuit for under 50k before tax :p.

Seems like there are no options to add any packages..looks like Canada doesn't get any options for any packages (the Canadian press releases have mentioned nothing about package options), so poverty spec it shall be for myself (as SavageGeese says :LOL:). Hopefully the steering wheel still retains some sort of controls as it does in the teaser pics!

Cheers 馃
If you actually go through the forums and even some Canadian articles you would know that in Canada the Core will come fully loaded only. So you can be happy to get Track Pack, Winter Pack and I am unsure about Tech pack.

Registered
If you actually go through the forums and even some Canadian articles you would know that in Canada the Core will come fully loaded only. So you can be happy to get Track Pack, Winter Pack and I am unsure about Tech pack.
They do not sound to be coming fully loaded, no options for any packages for what I've been told although it would be nice. LSDs + heated seats are the standard with no other options. Press releases also do not mention package choices.

Toyota USA overview from their YouTube channel also says core/circuit get the same steering wheel minus the red stitching, which is awesome, but could still be different in Canada.

Registered
If anyone in Southern Ontario gets their GR before me, I'll pay you $30.00 for your time and fuel to give me a test ride-along, so I can feel the ride quality, seat comfort, exhaust sound, basically the overall experience of the GR Corolla, and $50.00 for a short test drive behind the wheel.
I'm in Hamilton, willing to travel as far as Oshawa to the east.
And if I get my GR early I'm willing to do the same for other potential Southern Ontario owners.
I am in the same boat as you. If I happen to get mine earlier I will definitely be offering ride-alongs. I hate not being able to sit in the damn thing before buying. Especially bc with my height, it's important to see if the damn thing is drivable. At 6'11" no car "fits", but some are just easier to fold into ;)

Registered
I am in the same boat as you. If I happen to get mine earlier I will definitely be offering ride-alongs. I hate not being able to sit in the damn thing before buying. Especially bc with my height, it's important to see if the damn thing is drivable. At 6'11" no car "fits", but some are just easier to fold into ;)
Just curious, do you play any basketball 馃弨 at all?馃槈
On a serious note I also have an issue with buying a car without a test drive, especially regarding the ride quality and seat comfort of the car.
I hope many on here will be willing to give other potential owners a ride if they get theirs first.
I mean we all are part of the same enthusiast community.

Registered
On a serious note I also have an issue with buying a car without a test drive, especially regarding the ride quality and seat comfort of the car.
I hope many on here will be willing to give other potential owners a ride if they get theirs first.
LOL this guy knows all the triggering questions haha.

I completely agree. I will remain hopeful but not expectant, unfortunately.

On a side note, I've seen people mentioning dealer "tiers" here. Is this an official classification? If so, is there any way of learning my dealer's tier short of actually having to call them?

Registered
Yes it鈥檚 a concern for me also. I ordered an M2 without driving one before hand. I ended up selling the car a year and a half later as I really disliked the very harsh ride and the drone noise it made at highway speeds. There was no easy way to adjust either one of these. Hope the GR is better in both ride harshness and road noise.

Registered
Yes it鈥檚 a concern for me also. I ordered an M2 without driving one before hand. I ended up selling the car a year and a half later as I really disliked the very harsh ride and the drone noise it made at highway speeds. There was no easy way to adjust either one of these. Hope the GR is better in both ride harshness and road noise.
I had the same experience when I bought my Ford Focus RS.
The ride quality in the most comfortable setting was so incredibly firm to the point of being punishing, that it would almost shake your fillings loose.
Unfortunately, it beat the crap out of me every time I drove the car.
I ended up selling it after only 9 months of ownership.
Luckily it was in high demand at the time, so I didn't lose much.
I don't want to repeat this with the GRC.
That's why I'm hoping I can get a test ride/drive in someone's GR before an allocation comes my way.

Registered
I had the same experience when I bought my Ford Focus RS.
The ride quality in the most comfortable setting was so incredibly firm to the point of being punishing, that it would almost shake your fillings loose.
Unfortunately, it beat the crap out of me every time I drove the car.
I ended up selling it after only 9 months of ownership.
Luckily it was in high demand at the time, so I didn't lose much.
I don't want to repeat this with the GRC.
That's why I'm hoping I can get a test ride/drive in someone's GR before an allocation comes my way.
They're obviously not the same cars, but you could look for a standard Corolla to test drive. I had a rental Corolla a few years ago and really enjoyed it and the drive (of course the suspension is far different lol and I had one a few years ago), but from an overall chassis experience it should be somewhat similar. GRC is pretty streamlined and aerodynamic, cabin should be decently comfortable. I have PTSD from my Subaru squeaking and rattling so here's to less of that in the future 馃お

TheStraightPipes usually have great reviews, and they seemed really happy with how it performed when you're using it as a daily. Since there's no adaptive suspension I have no doubt it will be on the firm side, but still overall very good as their review lined up.

Worst case, you make your money back trading it in if it's not what you expected?

Registered
I've asked two Toyota dealers in my area about placing an order and they both said no, they aren't taking any more orders. I kept calling other dealerships and finally one said that they aren't open to orders yet, but when they do, I'll be their first customer. I hope this holds true because that would make me first in line. I wasn't given any more details, so I really hope I get a call from them with good news soon!
As for some of you worried about buying a car before physically test driving it, when you place your deposit, that gets the order in. When the car arrives, you go see it and drive it and if you don't like it for whatever reason you can walk away and also get your deposit back. I know this first hand when I ordered my '21 4Runner TRD Pro last year, once it got here I had those two options. Of course I decided to buy it lol.

Registered
I've asked two Toyota dealers in my area about placing an order and they both said no, they aren't taking any more orders. I kept calling other dealerships and finally one said that they aren't open to orders yet, but when they do, I'll be their first customer. I hope this holds true because that would make me first in line. I wasn't given any more details, so I really hope I get a call from them with good news soon!
As for some of you worried about buying a car before physically test driving it, when you place your deposit, that gets the order in. When the car arrives, you go see it and drive it and if you don't like it for whatever reason you can walk away and also get your deposit back. I know this first hand when I ordered my '21 4Runner TRD Pro last year, once it got here I had those two options. Of course I decided to buy it lol.
I don't know where you're getting your information my friend but that isn't how it works.
I have a deposit down at two different dealerships, but there is no order placed, it's just a deposit.
Once an allocation is given to the dealership then they go down the list of people with deposits.
Also I can assure you that most if not all dealerships at this point have people waiting on a list.

Registered
I don't know where you're getting your information my friend but that isn't how it works.
I have a deposit down at two different dealerships, but there is no order placed, it's just a deposit.
Once an allocation is given to the dealership then they go down the list of people with deposits.
Also I can assure you that most if not all dealerships at this point have people waiting on a list.
This sounds more like a special case being so limited so yea I can see what you mean that way.
But that's what I was told when I went to place my order for the 4Runner, sales person told me that once I put my deposit down, after waiting for a few weeks, then I got confirmation that order can go ahead. Otherwise if it got denied I would get my money back as well.
Do you know how far down the waiting list you are? Have they said anything about selling it over MSRP?

Registered
This sounds more like a special case being so limited so yea I can see what you mean that way.
But that's what I was told when I went to place my order for the 4Runner, sales person told me that once I put my deposit down, after waiting for a few weeks, then I got confirmation that order can go ahead. Otherwise if it got denied I would get my money back as well.
Do you know how far down the waiting list you are? Have they said anything about selling it over MSRP?
I'm number 3 on the list.
I don't believe Canadian dealerships will be adding any adm, so will be selling at MSRP.
A number of reviewers have commented that they feel the Core with performance pack is the best deal among the 3 options.
If I get a Circuit allocation I will go for it, but most likely I'll be getting a Core.
In Canada the performance pack comes standard on the Core.

Registered
I'm number 3 on the list.
I don't believe Canadian dealerships will be adding any adm, so will be selling at MSRP.
A number of reviewers have commented that they feel the Core with performance pack is the best deal among the 3 options.
If I get a Circuit allocation I will go for it, but most likely I'll be getting a Core.
In Canada the performance pack comes standard on the Core.
So the only differences are the bulging hood/scoops and carbon roof between Core and Circuit for Canadian market?

21 - 40 of 48 Posts