· Super Moderator
Please be mindful in every thread you will make. Research first before posting a new one.
Respect each other
Early next year for sure. But for the 30 units said, I'm not sure about that. They are just guessing and giving everyone high hopes on their areaSo I went in to talk to one of the dealers about possibly putting my name on a waitlist. I've been following for months and was getting FOMO reading all these posts about people putting deposits down. Anyway, I walked into one of the dealerships in Ottawa and asked the guy about the GR Corolla. He said they were going to have more information about it next year. I was surprised, REALLY? He straight up said "there's a lot of hype around it, but to be honest we're probably not getting one." I mentioned that I saw online someone mentioned that Ontario would see 30 units and he said, "then we're definitely not getting one. They're all going to Toronto then". He said the dealers in Ottawa are Level 2 whereas the Level 1 dealers in Toronto will probably get all the allocation because they're bigger volume. When I asked about a waitlist he said it wouldn't really matter and they wouldn't take names or money when they won't get the car, "It's bullshit for me to do that to you". Guess I'm waiting for real now. 😐
That information is fortunately incorrect. Canada is getting the Circuit, but only Tier 1 delears are getting them. Core editions actually do not have a performance package because it comes as standard.News update: Just talked to a sales manager at a major GTA dealership. He figures they will get 4 or 5 in the next year with 15 people on a waiting list already, they aren't taking reservations anymore.
The real news: he's been told by Toyota Canada that Canada is not getting the Circuit Edition. He had no information as to whether the Performance Package will be available on the Core here.
There is no real way to guarantee cuz my dealer won't guarantee it to me, in case it doesn't happen. But he said it is very unlikely they won't get one, but said that it will be extremely limited. I heard through another dealer that the number is 1-2 Circuits per top tier dealer. Lower tier dealers will have a hard time getting them.Where are you getting that info?
I just texted my sales guy at my local dealer (ToyotaTown) about this exact thing. While I am #1, am I actually #1? Haven't heard back yet.sigh....just visited my dealer (401/Dixie Toyota) where I am on top of a waiting list. Was hoping to get some updates. The sales manager told me that I can find more info online on the status of GR than he can tell me:
One bit of news that disappointed me is that although I was the first customer with a deposit (have it confirmed in writing), the employees get first dibs and there are 3 cars already allocated ahead of me. I thought I was guaranteed a car even if they get one, but that is not the case actually.
- Doesn't know the pricing or when the price will be published - they have no inside memos or rumors - just going by official Toyota Canada releases
- Doesn't know how many they will get or in what trim; basically whatever config the factory sends them.
- Doesn't know when they'll get the first one
Canada is behind by 2-3 months, even if they said it will be released by December (US market), we will get ours next yearYikes, 10 for all of Canada? My MB lease is coming up in a few months and I was banking on October / November GRC delivery. With my dealer telling me that #1 doesn't actually mean jack, I may have to look for alternatives. Definitely cannot wait past Jan 23.
I am #1 in London, but I am still leaning towards the Circuit Edition, so probably will only be seeing my car in Q2 of next year.If anyone in Southern Ontario gets their GR before me, I'll pay you $30.00 for your time and fuel to give me a test ride-along, so I can feel the ride quality, seat comfort, exhaust sound, basically the overall experience of the GR Corolla, and $50.00 for a short test drive behind the wheel.
I'm in Hamilton, willing to travel as far as Oshawa to the east.
And if I get my GR early I'm willing to do the same for other potential Southern Ontario owners.
I know $60k is crazy but you'd be surprised, some people have more money than brains.There are only 20 Morizo's /year coming to Canada I heard, but I doubt many will pull the trigger here being that it is $60k LOL
I am debating if I 100% want the CE vs the Core, but I feel like doing the aftermarket mods may end up being more money (buying a hood, seats, and wing) than just getting the CE with the CF roof.