Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

Registered
So I went in to talk to one of the dealers about possibly putting my name on a waitlist. I've been following for months and was getting FOMO reading all these posts about people putting deposits down. Anyway, I walked into one of the dealerships in Ottawa and asked the guy about the GR Corolla. He said they were going to have more information about it next year. I was surprised, REALLY? He straight up said "there's a lot of hype around it, but to be honest we're probably not getting one." I mentioned that I saw online someone mentioned that Ontario would see 30 units and he said, "then we're definitely not getting one. They're all going to Toronto then". He said the dealers in Ottawa are Level 2 whereas the Level 1 dealers in Toronto will probably get all the allocation because they're bigger volume. When I asked about a waitlist he said it wouldn't really matter and they wouldn't take names or money when they won't get the car, "It's bullshit for me to do that to you". Guess I'm waiting for real now. 馃槓

Super Moderator
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
So I went in to talk to one of the dealers about possibly putting my name on a waitlist. I've been following for months and was getting FOMO reading all these posts about people putting deposits down. Anyway, I walked into one of the dealerships in Ottawa and asked the guy about the GR Corolla. He said they were going to have more information about it next year. I was surprised, REALLY? He straight up said "there's a lot of hype around it, but to be honest we're probably not getting one." I mentioned that I saw online someone mentioned that Ontario would see 30 units and he said, "then we're definitely not getting one. They're all going to Toronto then". He said the dealers in Ottawa are Level 2 whereas the Level 1 dealers in Toronto will probably get all the allocation because they're bigger volume. When I asked about a waitlist he said it wouldn't really matter and they wouldn't take names or money when they won't get the car, "It's bullshit for me to do that to you". Guess I'm waiting for real now. 馃槓
Early next year for sure. But for the 30 units said, I'm not sure about that. They are just guessing and giving everyone high hopes on their area

1 - 4 of 4 Posts