Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
According to Chasing Cars:

"Toyota will introduce the GR Corolla to Australia sometime between October and December this year in a single, fully-equipped grade fitted with mechanical limited-slip differentials at the front and rear."

·
Registered
15 Posts
Chasing Cars seem to be the only group reporting this. Given that only 1,500 CE are being produced, I'm (personally) convinced they will be a North America exclusive. If any do come to Australia they will likely be held by dealerships for promotion. I think we will get Core only with the option for the LSD's, as this was more-or-less how the GR Yaris was sold in Australia. I believe European countries had a technology pack option which were just included in the base Australian model, so there is an understanding within Toyota that we like our cars well optioned from the get-go.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
215 Posts
From what they've said for Canada, all we get for sure is some Circuits and Cores with heated seats with no mention of other packages. If you guys are at least definitely getting the diffs you're doing better than us lol.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
From what they've said for Canada, all we get for sure is some Circuits and Cores with heated seats with no mention of other packages. If you guys are at least definitely getting the diffs you're doing better than us lol.
No diffs would be tough. Over here they call the GRY without the diffs the "poverty spec" lol.

·
Registered
☆ 1991 Celica GTFour RC ☆ 2000 Grand Cherokee ☆
215 Posts
I did some searching and worst case it's possible to buy just the diffs for the GRY so I assume the GRC will be the same, the rear costs $2150AUD. Cusco makes some as well. The front would likely be a big pain to install after the fact but if I can at least get a rear LSD I'll be happy.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Would love to see us get an all inclusive model with everything even if it means less examples coming in the first year as it would mean we wouldn’t have to settle for less if we miss out (for the people who want top of the range etc)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts