Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Volkswagen GTI
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been in talks with a wheel shop to potentially order the wheels for my GRCE as soon as I get confirmation that I am getting an allocation. However, the wheel shop is advising me that they have a good indication that the bolt pattern for the wheels will be 5x100 (like the outgoing Corolla Hatch), while I have a pretty good indication that it will be 5x114.3 like the GRY.
Are there any official statements, pictures, or data that indicate the bolt pattern?
I remember seeing a picture that the wheel will be 18x8.5, but I haven't found one with the bolt pattern.
Please help out.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Would find it unlikely they go with 5 x 100 like my old 2004 Subaru, its a total pain in the ass to get aftermarket wheels for now as its all gone 5 x 114.

Don't really care as I will not be swapping the stock wheels as I love the ones on the CE with all the GR logo cast into the rims. I do hope some clowns over here don't like them however as it pays to pickup a spare set if you plan to keep the car a long time. Reminds me of the Subaru WRX Sti a few years back, everyone hated the rims on those and they were going real cheap.

In fact there are still several sets for sale.

Would have taken a set of those for mine but the stud pattern was wrong and I'm NOT fitting adapters,

·
Registered
4 Posts
It would be nice to confirm this as deliveries are scheduled for the end of the year and some of us in the north may want to get ahead and purchase winter rims and winter tires.

·
Super Moderator
2011 FJ TT, 2001 IS300
1,840 Posts
While there is no official spec that the wheels are 5x114.3, it most certainly will have that bolt pattern

·
Registered
8 Posts
Would find it unlikely they go with 5 x 100 like my old 2004 Subaru, its a total pain in the ass to get aftermarket wheels for now as its all gone 5 x 114.

Don't really care as I will not be swapping the stock wheels as I love the ones on the CE with all the GR logo cast into the rims. I do hope some clowns over here don't like them however as it pays to pickup a spare set if you plan to keep the car a long time. Reminds me of the Subaru WRX Sti a few years back, everyone hated the rims on those and they were going real cheap.
This is where I am… fingers crossed my dealer gets allocated one (I’m #1 at my dealer) then I’ll be looking for a second set of stock wheels for snow tires

·
Super Moderator
126 Posts
I have been in talks with a wheel shop to potentially order the wheels for my GRCE as soon as I get confirmation that I am getting an allocation. However, the wheel shop is advising me that they have a good indication that the bolt pattern for the wheels will be 5x100 (like the outgoing Corolla Hatch), while I have a pretty good indication that it will be 5x114.3 like the GRY.
Are there any official statements, pictures, or data that indicate the bolt pattern?
I remember seeing a picture that the wheel will be 18x8.5, but I haven't found one with the bolt pattern.
Please help out.
I don't have anything officially in writing from Toyota, but Sakamoto-san told me the hubs are direct from the Yaris including the 5x114.3 bolt pattern.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts