Toyota GR Corolla Forum - Release Date, Specs, Pricing Discussion banner
21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FJ, 2022 GR Supra, 2020 RAV4 Hybrid
253 Posts
Anyone have a deposit on one of these? My dealer followed up about the GRC and I asked about the MT Supra, apparently they're not really expecting any allocations and said to expect an 18+ month wait.

·
Registered
2020 X3M Competition
84 Posts
Highly likely that it will be the ZF S6-53BZ that BMW has been using in recent M-cars. It's possible Toyota made some tweaks to the BMW shifter linkage but I would be very surprised if if there are any other changes. I really like the new wheels.
Looks like it indeed is the BMW ZF unit in the Supra.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
Anyone have a deposit on one of these? My dealer followed up about the GRC and I asked about the MT Supra, apparently they're not really expecting any allocations and said to expect an 18+ month wait.
Friend put a deposit down on Saturday on a GR Supra Premium manual, Nocturnal black. No date given. Meanwhile they are not taking deposits or waiting list for the GRC

·
Registered
253 Posts
Friend put a deposit down on Saturday on a GR Supra Premium manual, Nocturnal black. No date given. Meanwhile they are not taking deposits or waiting list for the GRC
Interesting... thanks for sharing! My point of contact seemed to try and persuade me away from it... but I've heard good things about the auto, and if I have a GRC my manual fix should be addressed :LOL: hope your buddy has some luck with it.

·
Registered
'13 FR-S, '09 Yaris 5 Dr, '88 Celica All-Trac, '87 FX16, '83 FJ40, '69 Datsun 510, Suzuki XL-7
468 Posts
Interesting... thanks for sharing! My point of contact seemed to try and persuade me away from it... but I've heard good things about the auto, and if I have a GRC my manual fix should be addressed :LOL: hope your buddy has some luck with it.
Well they prob have the autos in stock and want to sell u one now, as opposed to waiting until end of year for the MT to shownup.

·
Registered
253 Posts
That's true... if I want a new one at least. I had tentative plans to pick up a used auto once the MTs show up and they drop in price, but it might be worth reaching out to the dealer and see what ordering an auto would look like.

·
Super Moderator
121 Posts
Your dealer is full of it lmao. Manual is available on all 3.0 trims, you'll be able to easily get one. A91-MT might be harder but even then, I'm sure you could find one if you wanted.

·
Registered
199 Posts
That's true... if I want a new one at least. I had tentative plans to pick up a used auto once the MTs show up and they drop in price, but it might be worth reaching out to the dealer and see what ordering an auto would look like.
Lol I wouldn’t just assume the auto will drop in price. Especially if it turns out the manual can’t handle a significant power bump that this car is capable of in stock turbo form.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Your dealer is full of it lmao. Manual is available on all 3.0 trims, you'll be able to easily get one. A91-MT might be harder but even then, I'm sure you could find one if you wanted.
Salesmen lol. I'll reach out to his boss.

Lol I wouldn’t just assume the auto will drop in price. Especially if it turns out the manual can’t handle a significant power bump that this car is capable of in stock turbo form.
Ahh true, thanks for that. My assumption was enough current owners switching and increasing the supply on the market. Not a lot, I recall you saying most are satisfied with the auto. I'm not in a rush tho

·
Registered
199 Posts
Salesmen lol. I'll reach out to his boss.

Ahh true, thanks for that. My assumption was enough current owners switching and increasing the supply on the market. Not a lot, I recall you saying most are satisfied with the auto. I'm not in a rush tho
Depends on what your commute is like. I daily mine and I have way to many poorly timed lights to want another stick. The GRC of course would be an exception but for around town the zf is amazing

·
Registered
253 Posts
Depends on what your commute is like. I daily mine and I have way to many poorly timed lights to want another stick. The GRC of course would be an exception but for around town the zf is amazing
GRC would be my commuter, it'd be a weekend cruiser/track day car.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #35 ·
Good news for anyone considering the 6 speed supra as a potential option if they can't get a GRC. Pricing has been revealed in the UK, and it's actually cheaper than the auto! In the UK, there is only one trim of the 3.0L that you can get with the auto (pro), but you have 2 trim choices for the manual (The base 3.0L manual and the pro). The Pro auto is £57,500, while the base manual is £53,500 and the Pro manual is £56,000.
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Hood

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Photograph

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
90 Posts
The only thing I like about it is the colour options and I want yellow.

Been available over here for a while but no takers at that price. It's just not a practical car and its heading right into the Euro car pricing segment.

Hate to say it but I would be into an A45S for that sort of money.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts